The Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka, Yaba, Lagos, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant positions position below:
Job Title: College Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
- The candidate for the position is expected to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the operations of the financial system of the College.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for the post of Bursar must possess the following requirements:
- A good honour Degree or HND in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized institution of higher learning; with at least 21 years cognate experience preferably in a College of Education or comparable Institution;
- The applicant who must not be below the rank of Deputy Bursar must possess any of the following professional recognized accountancy qualifications e.g. ICAN, ANAN or ACCA, ICMA, CIPFA, ICPA obtained in USA, Canada and UK
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous Mandatory professional Development Course is required
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Deputy Bursar.
- All candidates must submit in clear terms in not more than two pages, their vision and mission statements for the College in the next five (5) years with particular reference to their office of interest.
Condition of Service
- The candidate will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions of Service for Staff of Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka and according to other conditions which may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the College in consultation with the National Commission for Colleges for Education.
- The appointment of the candidate is for an initial period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance.
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Application (including Curriculum Vitae and credentials) giving the following information as listed below:
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies
- List of Academic Journals and Publications, where applicable
- Experience, posts held with duration, salaries and dates
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capabilities)
- Societal linkages
- Report of medical fitness (from a government hospital)
- Present occupation and status(s)
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be in a position to supply applicant’s academic and professional references.
- Signature and date.
Applications should be enclosed in an envelope marked “COLLEGE BURSAR” at the right hand corner and addressed to:
Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka,
P.O. Box 269,
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees on the curriculum vitae, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the Registrar and Secretary via the above address.
- Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.