Plan International is hiring for Front Desk Officer…
Plan International is evolving in response to shifts in international development and humanitarian response. We are doing this so we can continue to make a stand for children’s rights. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Having identified girls as the most marginalised group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities. As we embark on this ambitious and exciting journey, we are recruiting for talent across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Reports to: Admin Coordinator
- To ensure that communication between Plan Nigeria and its customers both internal and external are conducted in a smooth and professional manner.
- To receive Plan International Nigeria’s visitors and coordinate visits to staff within the office premises.
Dimensions of the Role
- Interface between Plan International Nigeria and the public
- All Plan staff Custodian of Petty cash funds
- Processing of mails
- Coordinate and organization of the reception of Plan International Nigeria
- Area of Responsibility – Country Office
- Handle all incoming and outgoing calls in a professional manner
- Ensure that the front office/reception hall is kept clean and managed in a professional manner.
- Receive visitors and directing them appropriately
- Receive mails and parcels and ensure that they are appropriately dispatched without delay.
- Register all incoming and outgoing calls and mails, and other correspondence
- Assist in the provision of logistical support for all meetings, workshops
- Develop a rating system for mails received for the CD to enable easy retrieval;
- Management of Petty cash funds disbursement and Replenishing petty cash to ensure cash balances are not exhausted.
- Receives Cash and raises receipts (ensure all documents are signed)
- Prepare Bank Deposit Slips and forwards deposit slip and receipts to the finance department
- Delivers/releases cheque to payee (Vendors or service providers)
- Receive and deliver all applications for recruitment purposes;
- Provide an interface between correspondences from other organizations and Plan Nigeria
- Support in purchase requisition creation and maintenance in SAP
- Effect any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Admin Coordinator
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and
- Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Maintains high contact with the Admin and Logistics Manager and Admin staff at CO and field offices
- Maintains high contact with Plan Nigeria’s visitors, vendors and service providers
- Maintains a fair contact with the finance officer for finance related activities
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Degree or Certification Business Administration or any related field
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position and with a credible institution
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, scanners, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
Plan International’s Values in Practice
- We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
- We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
- We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
- We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
- Typical Office Environment
Level of Contact with Children
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and a Statement of Interest responding to how they have demonstrated the above listed values in the course of their career to: Abuja.Recruitment@plan-international.org Indicate the Job Title and Location as subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Sent all applications as specified above.