Plan International is recruiting for Admin assistant…
Plan International is evolving in response to shifts in international development and humanitarian response. We are doing this so we can continue to make a stand for children’s rights. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Having identified girls as the most marginalised group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities. As we embark on this ambitious and exciting journey, we are recruiting for talent across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Location: Abuja Travel required Occasional
Functional Area: Administration
Reports to: Admin and Logistics Officer
Effective Date: April 2018
- To provide support to sound administrative, office and logistics support to the Conutry office in line with policies of Plan International.
- The role will contribute to effective office management including support to store management, inventory/asset management and supervision of janitorial services.
- The incumbent will employ the use of general office practices and administrative procedures to carry out assigned tasks.
Dimensions Of The Role
- Implementation of administrative processes, protocols and systems for the Conutry Office.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for staff
- Supervision of two janitors
- Supports in maintenance of general office systems including filing; sending, receiving and distributing documents; and’ photocopying/Scanning.
- Coordinate and prepare mailings, including production, photocopying, assembling, posting and courier/shipping.
- Assist with sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained
- Support program activities in the Conutry office where necessary.
- Keep and maintain store records and materials to ensure prompt supply of materials to staff for the effective discharge of their work without any disruptions of work-flow
- Use systems and processes to assure smooth and timely flow of work.
- Assist with organization of meetings and special events.
- Maintain good and professional relationship with relevant vendors and visitors to the Conutry Office
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Ensure that the Conutry office is tidy at all times through effective supervision of the cleaners
- Receives and signs for fixed asset items and maintains physical inventory
- Responsible for purchase requisition creation and maintenance in SAP
- Responsible for posting good receipt in SAP supported by a delivery note
- Perform additional and miscellaneous job-related duties for the office as assigned by manager
Human Resource Development:
- Assist the orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of staff and local partner staff when required in line with Admin and Logistics policies and procedures
Learning And Knowledge Management:
- Shares relevant information within the team supporting the proper documentation of all administrative, logistic and financial transactions of the operations
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested.
- Assist resource mobilization efforts by supporting costings with respect to budget preparation and related engagement.
Dealing With Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the Admin and Logistics coordinator for consideration.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and
- Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as
- applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan
- International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
[This section refers to people inside and/or outside of the organisation that the post-holder needs to have contact with, and why. This should include virtual presence.]
- Prepare and submit relevant administrative project reports for domestic consumption.
- Provide timely responses concerning administrative queries in the Conutry Office
- Work amicably with other members of the Plan International Nigeria team to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Work closely with contract cleaners, occasional interaction with vendors and visitors
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A BA/BSc or HND in related Business Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years practical work experience in supporting administrative systems in a similar organization
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail
Plan International’s Values in Practice:
- We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
- We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
- We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
- We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
- Typical office environment
Level of contact with children
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and a Statement of Interest responding to how they have demonstrated the above listed values in the course of their career to: Abuja.Recruitment@plan-international.org Indicate the Job Title and Location as subject if the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Sent all applications as specified above.