Chisco Group was established in 1978 by Chief Dr. Chidi Anyaegbu (MFR). We evolved from a micro auto parts retailer into a leading transporter and brand diversified to deliver excellence in end to end passenger transportation/integrated logistics. Transportation/integrated is all that we do, so we strive to do it right. It is this commitment that kept us at the fore front of the industry in Nigeria, and establish us as one of the best in sub Saharan Africa with employment of over 4, 000 Nigerians and non Nigerians alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Business Director
- Formulating and successfully implementing company policy.
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company.
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board.
- Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the Chair of the board.
- Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees.
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets.
- Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the board of significant changes.
- Maintaining the operational performance of the company.
- Monitoring the actions of the functional board directors.
- Assuming full accountability to the board for all company operations.
- Representing the company to major customers and professional associations.
- Building and maintaining an effective executive team.
- Creating a positive and motivating atmosphere in the company and providing better growth opportunities for the employees
- Encourages innovative ideas from the employees and implement them for the benefit of the company
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other relevant disciplines
- MBA or other relevant Postgraduate qualification a plus
- At least 15 years professional experience
- Membership of a recognized professional institute such as chartered Institute of Logistics and transport etc.
- Should encompass leadership qualities and should possess decision taking ability
- Strong Business development skills
- Enthusiastic and ability to create motivation amongst the employees
- Ready to take challenges and deal with difficult situations
- Should be willing to work for extended hours and possess expert management skills
- Should believe in team work and effectively interact with the clients and the employees
- Strong business development sense, goal-oriented and a good communicator
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com