The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Technical Lead
Duration: One year with the possibility of renewal subject the availability of funds.
- The Organization is seeking qualified candidates to work on its recent award on “the Nigeria Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS), a Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Survey that was developed to enable countries obtain HIV-specific indicators, including the impact of the expansion of HIV prevention and treatment programs to facilitate effective monitoring of national HIV programs.
- To lead and provide technical and strategic direction to the NPHIIA procurement and supply team in ensuring an uninterrupted supply of health and non-health commodities required in achieving the goals and objectives of the NPHIIA Nigeria program
Key Area of Responsibility
- The incumbent would ideally be a highly competent self-starter with strong ability to communicate, motivate and lead a team.
- Coordination of procurement and supply management of health and non-health commodities for the NPHIIA grant
- Ensure that procurement of health commodities and overall pharmaceutical management procedures follow relevant guidelines for health commodities management protocols and are compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Forecast commodity needs for the program
- Ensure cost-effectiveness in the procurement and management of commodities (health and non-health commodities)
- Identify new strategies and cost-effective approaches to improve service delivery
- Contract Management for 3PL and other vendors
- Plan procurements and track shipments
- Develop and maintain systems and mechanisms for the acquisition and delivery of health and non-health comsnodities that are most appropriate to the needs of the Nigeria NPHITA Program and SDFs.
- MPH, B.Pharm with a minimum of a Diploma level certification in Procurement and Supply Management or its equivalent
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience managing health supply chains on donor funded programs e.g. HIV, Malaria, etc. with at least five (5) years managerial responsibility.
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online