The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Duration: One year with the possibility of renewal subject the availability of funds.
- The Organization is seeking qualified candidates to work on its recent award on “the Nigeria Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIlS), a Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Survey that was developed to enable countries obtain HIV-specific indicators, including the impact of the expansion of HIV prevention and treatment programs to facilitate effective monitoring of national HIV programs.
- The Information Technology Officer would be responsible for ensuring that all technology equipment (Laptops, phones, tablets, etc.) software and subscriptions services in a geopolitical zone during the National AIDS Impact and xxx Survey remain functional, available and secure always.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Survey Application (CSPro), Linkage system, Logistics Management System, Mobile Device Management, Lab Data Management System (LDMS) and software remain functional, available and secure
- Manage, configure, secure, support and troubleshoot applications and services on associated mobile devices, physical servers, virtual servers, networks, storage systems and information security systems
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Secure the computing environment using best practices and consistent processes. Contribute to the information security practice via sound administrative practices and proactive actions
- Configure, deploy and maintain network components including switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, VPN concentrators and security appliances
- Conduct capacity planning, monitoring and patching activities
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and periodic testing of disaster recovery plans ensuring business continuity for all core services and critical applications
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- 5 years systems development experience
- Successful full life-cycle implementation of at least 5 major projects.
- Proficient Backup/restore processing experience
- Must have experience in Software Development and coding in C#, .NET, Java or PHP
- Databases administration and design (SQlite, MySqI and/or Microsoft SQL Server)
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Server OS architecture, design, management, scripting and troubleshooting
- Adequate understanding of VMWare (virtualization) architecture, core services and administration
- Adequate understanding of storage technologies and protocols
- Proficient understanding of security best practices
- Proficient knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.).
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online