The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: GIS Specialist
Duration: One year with the possibility of renewal subject the availability of funds.
- The Organization is seeking qualified candidates to work on its recent award on “the Nigeria Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIlS), a Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Survey that was developed to enable countries obtain HIV-specific indicators, including the impact of the expansion of HIV prevention and treatment programs to facilitate effective monitoring of national HIV programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Administer geodatabases and coordinate with to create and maintain feature data and ensure workflow changes are documented
- Develop GIS based analysis for operational decision making for NAIIS field activity plaining
- Design and update GIS and other information systems and databases
- Develop and enhance interfaces to other systems, create custom tables and views in SQL Server for GIS and other information systems
- Perform GIS and other software installation and maintenance operations on hardware and software
- Assist staff in evaluating databases for GIS and other connectivity
- Participate in GIS and other budget planning
- Provide on-going review of applications to identify and perform corrective actions needed to improve overall performance
- Master’s in Applied Geographical Information; or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- 5 years systems work with Geographical Information Systems.
- Experience using ESRI softsware or other mapping software to perform complex queries and spatial analysis
- Experience analyzing, designing and revising existing programs and databases to improve and enhance functionality in an ESRI or ether mapping software environment
- Experience in the design and production of cartographic maps
- Experience interpreting legal descriptions and COGO generating a GIS feature
- Experience researching documentation relevant to a specific dataset (i.e. Subdivision Plans, Construction Plans, Legal Descriptions, etc.).
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online