Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer – Hygiene Promotion
- The post holder will be responsible for implementation of all the hygiene promotions activities in Borno State.
- The Hygiene Promotion Officer will closely work with the Community Mobilization team of SCI, Health Facility Staff, Community Organization, Water User committees and Volunteers to ensure coordinated and effective implementation of hygiene promotion activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education in water, sanitation and hygiene, sociology, anthropology, or a related subject, or equivalent field experience
- At least 2 to 3 years experiences in hygiene promotion
- Previous experience of working in community based WASH programs
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability in a WASH context
- Experience of organizing and conducting training and meetings
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of English, Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages
- Ability to write clear reports
- Good knowledge of participatory approaches for behavior change (PHAST/SARAR, CHAST, CLTS)
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of Save the Children systems and ways of working
- Work experience in Borno State
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online