World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Travel Protocol Assistant
Ref Id: 1800329
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 1 year
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- To support national authorities reduce morbidity, disability and mortality due to vaccine preventable diseases by improving access and utilization of immunization services; accelerating efforts to achieve polio eradication, measles control, maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination, yellow fever control; promoting innovations including introduction of new and under-utilized vaccines; improving vaccine safety and security and systematizing access to immunization services integrated with other child survival interventions.
Description of Duties
- Liaise with the Airport and Customs as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs officials and arrange reception of WHO visitors.
- Assist with immigration formalities and transportation.
- Assist in processing of passports, visas with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassies etc and obtain clearances for travel outside Lagos.
- Assist staff members in obtaining Customs Clearance upon separation from the Organization.
- Assist staff and their family members at the Airport on initial recruitment.
- Process requests for Special I.D. Cards (resident permits) and visas from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Immigration AuthoritiesLiaise with Transport Officers regarding transportation for staff/consultants from/to the Airport and hotels.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Essential: Minimum of GCE A level or Equivalent
- Essential: Over 5 years extensive experience in handing WHO or other UN agencies vehicles, maintenance etc.
- Good knowledge and practical use of Computer are mandatory. Good Communication, drafting and reporting skills.
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 5,333,561 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.