We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Intern
- The Programs Intern will actively monitor the Mamalette program activities in various locations in Lagos.
- As the Programs Intern, you will assist in the recruitment and training of mothers, provide supportive supervision, assist with monitoring and evaluation of programs and new initiatives, develop input for concept notes and communications materials.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective program implementation in approximately 3 locations across the country.
- Carry out regular site supervisory, coaching and on-job mentorship visits to program centers
- Participate in the recruitment, training and orientation of mothers
- Prepare and submit monthly monitoring plans and reports
- Ensure routine collection, reporting and analysis of data, and data utilization to promote program quality
- Actively travel to all Mamalette Society sites of operation.
- Monitor Mamalette our centers to ensure they achieve our program outcomes
- Have a thorough understanding of the maternal and infant health difficulties faced by different communities and their barriers to accessing healthcare.
- Understand the Nigerian health system and other care providers
- Build and maintain key relationships and develop health innovations within the Mamalette program.
- Adapt the program and curriculum so that it aligns and complements with current antenatal and infant care guidelines in Nigeria and make sure our programs are of a high quality
- Ensure milestones and performance indicators are met on our programs
- Maintain project and program reporting requirements
- Seek opportunities to raise awareness about the Mamalette’s programs through social action and campaigning.
- Organise and participate in campaigning and community mobilisation programs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for the Program Officer vacancy should:
- Hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Medicine, Public Health, Nursing Sciences or a related field.
- Have practical experience in health, community work and MNCH service delivery
- Have good working knowledge of relevant MNCH protocols and policies in Nigeria
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and team building skills
- Show dynamism, independence and creativity
- Have excellent time management, reporting and writing skills
- Show passion for Mamalette’s vision and mission
- Have computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office and the Internet.
What is the Average Duration of an Internship?
- The length of an internship varies. We prefer interns to work with us for at least 3-4 months. Some interns have actually worked with us for 6 months or more.
- the internship paid or unpaid?
- All our internships are paid. Mamalette offers a stipend to cover commuting and basic expenses. Our interns are paid stipends pro-rated per day.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org