Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Manager (Project)
Vacancy Ref: 57720
Business Area: Surf and Conventional
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Description of Role
- The Contracts Manager works in a Functional, Tender or Project environment and is accountable to the Functional Manager, or Tender and Project Managers with regards to tasks and to the Head of Legal and Contracts or Head of Contracts, as the case may be, for the method and process adopted to complete the tasks
- The Contracts Manager provides the contractual expertise in relation to activities, tenders or projects allocated.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within NigerStar 7
- Ensure knowledge management systems are fully utilised, updated, promote continuous improvement and contribute to Lessons Learned
- Operate within standardised Legal and Contracts policies, processes and systems and ensure compliance with these processes at all times
- Promote and maintain free and effective communication channels with the relevant Legal Directors and Heads of Contracts, interfacing on an as and when basis
- Verify that the NigerStar 7 legal entity corporate governance and financial authority rules are complied with when assisting with any transaction
Win Phase (where allocated to tendering activities):
- Perform contract reviews for tendering in accordance with work instructions for contract reviews outlined in Group Legal Procedures and actively participates in all internal bid team meetings
- Participate with other Stakeholder and Functions to jointly carry out a holistic review of the complete draft contract and bid to achieve consistency in the documents and be prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Attend meetings with prospective client and significant/critical subcontractors and suppliers to arrive at acceptable Contract conditions
- Assist Legal Counsel and the Commercial Function in requests for Joint Venture authorisation, Bank Guarantees, Parent Company Guarantees and Tender Board minutes
- Approach and interface with the Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel, for support, advice and guidance in accordance with Group Legal Procedures
- Act as a key integral member of the Project Management Team and participate in commercial strategic discussion and decisions
- Provides the Project Manager with accurate summaries of contract related matters.
- Tender, evaluation and award of subcontracts.
- Administration of bank bonds, parent company guarantees and insurance certificates.
- Leads the resolution of contractual financial disputes and co-ordinate Project VOR’s and Management of change.
- Monitors and controls contract variances identified within the project.
- Ensures seamless integration between purchasing and sub-contract activities.
- Provides guidance on contract / commercial requirements to the project team.
- Keeps the project personnel aware of contractual obligations and objectives.
- Oversee and drive the internal Contracts and Administration Kick Off meeting
- Ensure identification at point of award and throughout the project of all contractual obligations and rights towards Clients and Subcontractors
- Monitor key Contractor, Subcontractor and Client deliverables as well as identify risks and opportunities in the event of deliverable failure
- Organise frequent delivery of Contracts Awareness training sessions to the Project team
- Perform all contractual administrative tasks of the project in a timely and efficient manner including the preparation/review of all correspondence (excluding pure technical communication) to and from the Client and critical Subcontractors/ suppliers, follow up of clients reporting requirements, issue of variation orders (including maintenance of the variation order register), notices, insurances, guarantees, progress and invoicing process
- Prepare and ensure execution of all project required Inter company Call Offs
- Participate in project reviews and provide input to the project review reports
- Active and regular attendance at project meetings involving the Client, particularly those with a commercial/ contractual agenda
- Drive the change management process, identify, in association with the project team, prepare and pursue all variation orders, and examine unusual events to establish cause, effect and liability and prepare relevant claim and pursue
- Prepare and pursue project Construction All Risk (CAR) and other insurance claims including notifying the Insurance Manager of potential and actual claims
- Advise on subcontracting conditions and deviations, approve deviations in accordance with the appropriate procedure, prepare flow downs as well as carry out reviews when prepared by others
- Ensure clear stipulation within subcontract documents with regard to companies working for NigerStar 7 to comply with NigerStar 7’s positive HSEQ culture
- Support the Supply Chain Management (SCM) effort throughout the execution phase
- Compile and agree with client and suppliers/subcontractors the final account of the project
- Oversee the completion of correct Contractual Close out of the project and the hand over of any continuing obligations to the specific country Legal and Contracts functionsOthers:
- Act as a Local Team Leader for Contracts management sub Function under the supervision of relevant Head of Contracts when appointed
- Participate in training and Contract Awareness sessions for non Legal and Contracts personnel
- Perform such other non-tender/project related activities as required by functional manager
- Operate within Code of Business Conduct
- Implement standards and procedures for the Legal and Contracts Function.
- Degree qualified in areas such as Quantity Surveying, Business Management, Law and Engineering
- Affiliation/member with nationally recognized professional body; if applicable
- 15 years experience in the Oil&Gas Industry (offshore activities); experience working with EPCI contractors.
- Industry peers
- Appropriate professional bodiesInternal
- Legal and Contracts Function
- Project and Operations Function
- Project Control Function
- Tendering sub Function
- Supply Chain Management Function
- Senior Management
- Finance Function
- Tax Function.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online