Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Limited (SCPAL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organisation to conduct research, analyse policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
- The Communications Officer is responsible for implementation of the company’s branding, presentations and communications strategy.
- The position will involve media, presentations, blogging, industry-specific conferences, sales and marketing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage content (images, video and written).
- Conduct online advocacy
- Develop and expand community and/ or blogger outreach efforts
- Design (i.e. website, social media, newsletter, brochures, books, communication materials etc.)
- Design templates for consulting reports and presentations
- Design, create and manage promotions and campaigns
- Organize social media events for the company on key issues related to agriculture and nutrition
- Drive efforts to build the brand and create broad-based awareness in the public domain
- Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Any other responsibility assigned by management.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, New Media or Public Relations.
- Proven working experience in social media or related field.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, Conversion Rate Optimisation and Search Engine Optimisation is an added advantage.
- Strong graphic design skills
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, good team player, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability.
- Highly flexible and ability to set priorities
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of French is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of their Cover letter, CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Applicants are strongly advised not to do phone calls.