We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Engineer, Forensics
- Sunvait Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Sunvait Network Ltd’s users and developers.
- As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information.
- Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
- You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
- The Forensics team’s core responsibility is to investigate potential information security intrusions and breaches on our corporate, production, and acquisition environments.
- Members of the team are involved in analyzing root causes and trends of incidents and work closely with engineers to get flaws and systemic issues fixed.
- Scale is a key factor within Sunvait Network Ltd, this means you will be pushing limitations of existing tooling.
- As part of the Forensics team, you will actively participate in building advanced, large scale, and sometimes highly custom, digital forensic tooling to analyze malicious activity on Sunvait Network Ltd’s networks. The focus of our tooling is both internal and open source.
- Perform investigations on a wide variety of security and privacy events from various sources to determine whether they pose a threat to Sunvait Network Ltd.
- Participate in large-scale security and privacy incidents, write incident reports, and participate in post-mortems.
- Participate in internal training to make sure forensic best practices are followed.
- Work with teams from around Sunvait Network Ltd to discover new investigative and forensics capabilities.
- Develop internal and open source tools used to respond to incidents (e.g. digital forensic toolkits) to support Sunvait Network Ltd’s unique environment.
- B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with digital forensic analysis. Experience with the threat landscape including attack types and malware capabilities.
- Experience with security of two or more operating systems (e.g. Android, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows).
- Coding/scripting experience in one or more general purpose languages.
- M.Sc in Computer Science.
- 5 years of experience with digital forensic analysis.
- Experience with, and detailed understanding of, digital forensics and incident response tools such as GRR, Rekall, plaso (log2timeline), The Sleuth Kit (TSK), libyal, or alternatives like Guidance Encase, AccessData FTK, X-Ways Forensics, Cellebrite, Volatility, Mandiant MIR, etc.
- Experience with reverse engineering or firmware analysis.
- Coding proficiency in Python, Go, C/C++ and/or Java.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online