The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Talent Acquisition Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the direct supervision of the Admin/HR Manager, the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer / Recruiter is part of the human resources team, (also known as external/internal recruiter).
- She/he will be responsible for leading the staffing efforts of IRC and building a strong workforce that adds to the IRC’s Human Capital Strategy of getting the right staff faster and designing employee capacity building programs, succession plans and strategic internal promotion process.
- The individual is expected to be highly skilled and a highly educated HR professional who has knowledge of employment and labor law, have a deep understanding of organization behavior and management, Sector and staffing needs along with a strategic mindset in order to develop a skilled and competent workforce and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and overall responsibility to provide support and assistance to the programs in matters related to staffing through the Admin/ HR department based in Maiduguri and roving to other field sites where necessary.
Primary and Fundamental Responsibilities
- Candidate Screening: The Person will be responsible for screening resumes to determine which candidates meet the minimum requirements. She/he will then move chosen candidates on to the next step in the hiring process.
- Interviewing: The Person will be responsible for conducting prescreening interviews, she/he will set up interview appointments between the chosen candidates and the hiring manager.
- Performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates in various stages of the interview
- Reference and Background Checks: The Senior Talent Acquisition Officer will coordinate the reference and background checks for potential hires
- Make recommendations to hiring managers
- Coordinate Interviews with the hiring managers
- Following up on the interview process status
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external candidates to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the IRC’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices and updating the Management accordingly
- The person will serve as a liaison with local employment agencies, relevant colleges, and industries where we can source for potential hires
- Completing timely reports on employment activity using IRC’s GHROPP(Global HR Policies and Practices)
- Conducting exit interviews on employees that have been terminated or resigned
- The person is expected to maintain confidentiality and professional ethics for all personnel paperwork, recruitment records and issues according to the IRC’s Global Human Resources Policy &Practices
- Perform other duties as needed or requested by the Senior Administration & HR Manager or Field coordinator
Talent management & Retention: He/She will be responsible for the management and design of organisational learning activities and staff retention strategies by performing the followings:
- Design and deliver Staff Capacity Building programs (e.g. individual, team, sectorial, skill-based and management training)
- Design and develop succession planning
- Discuss career-path options with high-potential employees
- Conduct skills gap analyses to determine staffing needs
- Responsible for creating Create organizational charts and define each position’s responsibilities
- Facilitate varied level of performance Management Evaluation (Probation, annual, staff performance improvement plans) sessions.
- Analyze employee engagement metrics, like retention and turnover rates and make recommendation
- Conduct benchmark analyses of compensation and benefits
- Provide team members with direction for leadership and development initiatives
- Oversee sourcing and hiring procedures to ensure we attract and select high-potential employees.
- Develops, adapts and executes strategies to help achieve leaning and development objectives
- Build and maintain a data base of training facilitated and attended by individual staff, sectors, team
- Where required, design and develop capacity building proposals, concept notes and policies.
- Degree in Human Resource Management /Business Administration and relevant field required
- Master’s degrees in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
- Society of Human Resource Management Certified professional (SHRM- CP) or relevant body desirous
- 2 Years work experience in Human Resources, Recruitment and Talent Management , Learning & Development
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Willing to adhere to and carry out the IRC rules.
- confidence with numbers
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to cope with basic living conditions during field trip
- The positions are located in Maiduguri the situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is orange or red depending on location. This is a national position.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to “The Senior Admin/HR Manager, International Rescue Committee” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Subject of the application should read: Senior Talent Acquisition Officer, Maiduguri (Ref_18_01/18)