We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator will provide technical leadership and operations support to capture program intervention activities and results, ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection and analysis.
- This individual shall be responsible for creating and managing complex M&E systems, designing complaints mechanisms and improvements to data quality, as well as the utilization of M&E data for the improvement of program operations, quality reporting and new business.
- This includes establishing key components of the M&E system including selecting indicators, setting targets, developing and implementing M&E tools and systems, and reporting on all output and outcome indicators for the program. He or she will ensure that all staff are trained on the M&E components.
- This position will report to the Response Coordinator and collaborate across sector teams, while also strategically building capacity of M&E staff.
- Lead planning of needs assessments with sector coordinators and other partners, where necessary. Lead development of baseline surveys as necessary.
- Design benchmarking standards for quality monitoring and accountability measures; and train staff upon roll out
- Support a data quality improvement and information management initiative across the region
- Strengthen data analysis and use across program sectors, creating actionable reports for key stakeholders
- Ensure that all programs are designed and implemented in accordance with international standards and the FHI 360 integrated approach
- Ensure MEL resources are included at the proposal design stage to be integrated in crisis response programs
- Create a beneficiary complaints mechanism and work with sector coordinators to train staff and implement within program activities
- Provide strategic leadership and support across field sites the quality roll out of the MEL framework; with a focus on capacity building and accountability of staff
- Work with M&E staff in each site to ensure that performance information is collected in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities
- Monitor and maintains protocols, data collection instruments, data sets and manuals
- Manage, train and mentor M&E team of local staff working in field sites and ensure high quality data collection
- Ensure M&E indicators in database match donor reporting requirements and highlight program successes and impact
- Proactively identify key program and themes areas for evaluation and analysis
- Ensure program feedback loop so external findings results in improve quality of project management and implementation
- In coordination with Response Coordinator, develop project implementation plans with strong monitoring and reporting components
- Strengthen the capacity of the M&E team by identifying training opportunities and increasing the team’s knowledge of M&E protocols and practice
- Provide written contributions to weekly, quarterly and annual reports as needed
- Assist with proposal and grant modification development and design as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in M&E activities for initiatives in humanitarian contexts
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing M&E systems and overseeing the collection and analysis of metrics and complaints mechanisms
- Demonstrated experience in training on M&E systems and data collection.
- Demonstrated experience remote managing and training staff.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
- Experience with OFDA program and monitoring requirements.
- Excellent written and spoken English and analytical skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online