Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for young people’s successful transition to a healthy and productive adulthood. We envision a world where every young person can reach their full potential. We work with young people, community leaders, government agencies, the private sector and other stakeholders to ensure that policies and programmes are emplaced to accomplish this goal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
General Position Summary
- The Programme Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation will be part of a Team of Programme Officers working on a project and under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager.
- The PO will be responsible for planning, designing and implementing M&E activities of the project.
- S/he will be involved in analysis and evaluation of M&E data for program planning and decision-making, preparing regular reports on project progress.
- He/she will monitor the project activities, results, lessons learned and risks on a regular basis.
- The officer will be responsible for the management and maintenance of database in relation to the project activities.
- S/he will design the performance/capacity assessment of facilitators who are engaged on the programme.
- S/he will contribute to developing capacity of project staff on M&E in order to ensure quality M&E performance of the project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, set up and implement an appropriate M&E system, developing effective monitoring tools and formats guided by donors requirements
- Monitor the activities, inputs, outputs, effects and impact of the project and developing necessary data collection tools in this respect;
- Work closely with other programme staff and Programme Manager to ensure effective implementation of M&E activities;
- Organise M&E learning session with programme staff on a regular basis;
- Make sure that the developed monitoring tools and formats and reports are properly used by programme officers and others
- Monitor the progress of planned activities
- Conduct field visits and data validation regularly.
Data Collection, Processing, Analysing and Managing Database:
- Design appropriate formats for the project staffs for M&E purpose, ensure proper use of them, collect and analyze those and provide feedback to the concerned;
- Collect, compile and analyze different data related to project implementation on a regular basis;
- Design and manage surveys for assessing performance of facilitators and project beneficiaries
- Work with POs to ensure the collection and use of relevant and appropriate data;
- Ensure storage and protection of data and manage database in coordination with the Programme Manager;
- Conduct field visits regularly and prepare field visit reports.
Analysis and Evaluation:
- Design and implement appropriate tools for data analysis and evaluating project results and strategies;
- Prepare regular evaluation and present to program/cluster management;
- Capture lessons learned/good practices and share as appropriate;
- Produce relevant, timely and accurate reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual and other Adhoc reports);
- Prepare field visit reports;
- Produce monitoring/evaluation/survey reports.
Capacity Building on Planning, M&E:
- Organize need-based training on planning and M&E for project staffs;
- Assist in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project interventions by field staffs and partner organisations;
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Statistics, Economics, Development Studies or related Social Science discipline.
- At least 1 – 3 years of working experience on handling M&E programmes preferably on a project involving girls or women.
- Have extensive experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Demonstrated ability in the design of methods and strategies to produce, analyze data, use and share information with a variety of actors in different environments.
- Ability to analyze trends to identify the risks and benefits of different options for data collection and validation.
- Demonstrated ability of high quality report writing with state-of-the-art graphs, charts etc.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Excellent knowledge on M&E system designing, project monitoring and evaluation;
- Skills on data collection, processing and analysis;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to produce high quality reports;
- Ability to organize and facilitate training and workshop activities;
- Skills on using different software i.e. Excel, SPSS, ACCESS;
- Familiarity with research and scientific data collection methods;
- Advance level of skills on computer;
- A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency is essential.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2018.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing how they fit into the position requirements to: email@example.com
- Application must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.