Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Nutrition and Health Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- Developing a regional nutrition and health programming, coordinating effective technical program implementation and playing an active role in ACF strategic engagement with the working groups at the regional (Yobe & Borno States) levels in Nigeria.
- To develop the emergency response strategy and support fundraising for Action Against Hunger’s Nutrition and Health programs in Northeastern Nigeria.
- To provide technical oversight of ACF’s Nutrition and Health programming in Northeastern Nigeria.
- To ensure capitalization, learning and global reporting of all Nutrition and Health related activities across the region.
- To support proper and adequate resource management: HR, Finance and assets.
- To represent the department and the organization at state and LGA level and promote ACF’s technical viewpoints, guidelines and methods of work.
You’re a seasoned Nutrition professional:
- You have an advanced University Degree (Masters) preferred in Human Nutrition, Medical Sciences or Social Sciences.
- You have a Minimum of 4 years of previous experience working with NGOs specifically in nutrition and/or health.
- You have advanced knowledge of N&H guidelines and procedures including those of donors and international standards (e.g. SPHERE).
You’re a super comunicator:
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You can provide technical advice in clear, unambiguous language, patiently explaining to field teams the reasons behind your conclusions in order to develop their technical skills.
- You are diplomatic & can assist colleagues to handle difficult situations.
You’re passionate to develop Nutrition interventions which have impact:
- You have significant experience with INGOs in recovery and complex emergencies. Previous experience with partnerships and alliances is an asset.
- You have experience with nutrition and coverage surveys, and rapid nutrition assessments.
- You have experience with external representation and knowledge of Nut & Health Cluster mechanisms.
- You are disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
- You have a good understanding of Social Behavior Change and nutrition sensitive programming.
- You have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, OCHA, CIDA, EU, DFID, USAID, etc.)
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online