Garmspot is one of the fastest growing online retail stores in Nigeria, that specializes in creating, producing, marketing and distribution of cutting edge urbanwear brands, contemporary designs, and fashion accessories and beauty and grooming products. We aim to be the leading supplier of the best brands NigeriaAfrica has to offer. Using our web platform, Garmspot delivers pieces to our clientele from our regional centre in Lagos to all the corners of the world.
Our team is always working to build a unique merchant network in Africa focused on the trendiest apparel and accessories sourced from local and international brands alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphics Designer
- The Garmspot Graphics Designer is responsible for using graphic software applications for creating visual design elements that can be used on the website, social media, packaging, print materials, and other visual media.
- The designer is responsible for crafting designs that represent the marketing concepts and goals of Garmspot and its clients.
- Using advanced graphics software and other technology, the visual communications designer is able to create content as basic as a brochure, or as complex as a full length animation.
- This role is for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgement and willingness to collaborate within a team environment.
- He/She would be an integral part of every stage in the creative process from conceptualization to amendments.
- Meet with clients, the CTO and the Director for Creative & Design to determine the scope of a project.
- Advise relevant parties on strategy appropriate to reach the desired audience.
- Present designs to clients and the appropriate directors as well as incorporate recommended changes into the final design.
- Select colors, images, textures and shapes to create the layout
- Prepare and upload product images and related visuals for the company site.
- Create visuals that identify a product, convey a message, or both.
- Select the size and arrangement of the different elements.
- Use computer software to create electronic versions of designs.
- Employ color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques when designing project.
- Develop signs and environmental graphics.
- Create promotional displays, packaging, and marketing brochures for Garmspot and its subsidiaries.
- Develop the layout and production design of magazines, newspapers, journals, corporate reports, and other publications.
- Remain well informed on competitors and design trends.
- Submit rough drafts to management for approval and make changes upon request.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing.
- Review website for anomalies.
Skills & Other Requirements
- Must have strong communication skills as the designer must be able to work with clients, PR & senior staff.
- Good multitasking and organizational skills are required to keep up with dynamic occupational tasks.
- Solid business skills would aid in helping the designer understand the target market and aid in developing strategy to engage them
- Visual Ideation/Creativity
- Design Software (Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects etc.)
- Color Theory
- Web Design/Basic HTML & CSS
- Layout/Conversion Optimization
- Print Design.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org