Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist Trainer (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 3 months
Starting date: End of January
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the medical coordinator, you are in charge of the implementation and follow-up of qualitative medical supply (medicine and material) to the MdM program in Maiduguri and Damboa.
More specifically, your main responsibilities are to:
- Organize weekly/monthly work plan for the pharmacy team and submit to medical coordinator.
- Ensure that national pharmacists are conducting their job according to their job description .
- Conduct the performance appraisal of the national pharmacists.
- Support the national pharmacist on the performance evaluation of drug dispensers at field level.
- Participate on the recruitment process of national pharmacist / pharmacist assistant according to the needs.
- Provide technical supervision of pharmacists and drug dispensers.
Management of Pharmacy & Medical Stock:
- Ensure the proper stock management of items, particular stock management, temperature and cold chain at warehouse in Maiduguri and satellite pharmacy in remote projects with frequent visits to the field.
- Ensure the storage conditions in the pharmacy store.
- Ensure the proper elaboration and reception of international orders and the request and reception of donations.
- Ensure the management of expired/damaged drugs according to Nigerian National protocols
- Ensure the collection and evaluation of the weekly /monthly drugs consumption of the MdM Mission; and conduct the analysis of drugs and consumable needs.
Technical Support and Capacity Building:
- Coach the national pharmacists on pharmaceutical management at warehouse according to the MdM stock management procedures (updated version September 2017).
- Train and support medical supervisor in remote projects on stock management, consumption, drugs order request/receptions of the satellite pharmacy.
- Support pharmacy staff in their daily duty and propose solution to them in according to MdM process.
- Train and follow up national pharmacist on elaboration and reception of International orders and donations from partners.
- Support the medical and logistics department on pharmacy orders
- Participate on organize drugs protocols training for MdM staff and/or MoH health workers.
Communication & Reporting:
- Ensure the centralization of all drugs information available on the mission and contribute to (into the proper reporting form) and submit to medical cordinator, general coordinator and HQ referents ;
- Provide relevant data related to your position to MdM medical team (drugs and medical material supplies, etc.) and to MdM coordinators (mission orders; request; financial forecast; payment, etc.);
- Contribute to donor reporting by providing relevant data.
Skills And Experience Needed
- Pharmacist/ Pharmacy Technician
- Diploma in tropical medicine / public health is an added-value
- Experience at similar position
- Experience in working with partners
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to manage the priorities
- Ability to develop, organize and give trainings
- Experience in emergency humanitarian settings
- Languages: fluent English
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Conditions of Employement
- 2778 gross monthly salary on 13 months
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month);
- Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered;
- Guesthouse housing;
- 22.5 RTT per year;
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Telephone Applications will not be accepted
- Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.