A venture holding business that works for corporate entities and invest their clients’ money in businesses that often have high risk factors. These businesses may be startup companies that cannot find funding through more traditional means or firms that seek funding to fuel projected growth. Our clients may include trust funds, pension funds, individuals or other types of institutions.The position will require a moderate amount of travel and extended hours as required by projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business/Corporate Development Manager
Full time, Permanent
- We are looking for a Business/Corporate Development Manager. We are interested in meeting people from investment banking, corporate development, private equity or other accounting roles. It is likely that you will have at least 6/7 years + experience.
Some of the principal functions of the role include:
- Research and identify strategic targets to support business units’ strategies.
- Demonstrate leadership in strategy formulation, deal sourcing and origination, financial analysis and valuation, negotiation and execution across a diverse range of businesses, technologies, verticals and geographies.
- Work with cross-functional groups within the business to take projects from term sheet signature to proper integration. This includes leading all pre-transaction diligence and post transaction integration efforts
- Evaluate synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions
- Negotiate key deal documentation to bring transactions over the finish line.
- BA/B.Sc qualified: postgraduate degree/MBA from top tier school strongly desired.
- Proven experience within investment banking, private equity, VC or corporate development, with a track record of taking a transaction from origination to close
- Ability to quickly evaluate a business opportunity, both financially and qualitatively.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to support business decisions.
- Sound business judgment
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability and desire to deal with ambiguity with a strong bias for action
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and to drive projects to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with and influence teams across the organization including Senior Leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Application Closing Date
1st January, 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the first week of January 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s with an Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Position as the Subject of the email.