Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Cost
Req ID: 1294
- Provide support to individual Project Engineers (PE’s) in establishing and maintaining up to date Authority For Expenditure (AFE) and related supporting documents including variance analysis of cost over/under runs.
- Monitor expenditure monthly on a Value of Work Done (VOWD) basis for all ongoing Projects(contracts) and department/team budgets and in conjunction with PE’s produce cost forecasts (latest estimates) to provide timely notification of potential over/under runs against approved budgets (AFE’s).
- Produce monthly/quarterly/annual variance and trend analysis expenditure reports and explain key cost movements with respect to commitments, actuals (VOWD basis), latest estimates against plan as agreed with responsible PM’s.
- Provide support to PE’s to establish and maintain cost progress S-curves (inclusive of actuals, forecasts, and commitments) for all ongoing Projects. Prepare overall department rolled up reports on the same basis.
- Produce cost reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) as required, giving planned, actual and forecast costs, for all ongoing projects and contracts, in line with the agreed AFE’s/WBS.
- Produce other ad-hoc reports on cost information that may be required from time to time.
- Review and verify monthly accruals as produced by Project Accountants/PE’s to ensure that they are correctly aligned with VOWD reporting against AFE’s and overall budgets.
- Prepare trend analysis report identifying early over/under runs.
- Maintain a Cost Estimating system (including Cost Breakdown System), including a database of historical project costs, and provide cost estimating support to PE’s for new projects / project variations and to assist in forecasting of costs to completion.
- Minimum 12 year’s experience as a Cost Engineer within the oil and gas industry. Ideally with contractor experience.
- Experienced with Cost Control and WBS/CBS systems
- Full capabilities in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point.
- Some experience with planning tools.
- Experience is cost estimating and risk simulation
- University degree in Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- Cost Estimator, HSE, Project Engineer, B.Sc, Engineering, Finance, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online