The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Brand Manager – Nigeria North
Job ID: R-04037
Job Types: Full time
Job Level: 01. Regular
- The Senior Brand Manager – Nigeria North is responsible for developing the plans and leading the execution of key marketing projects affecting the Northern & Central Regions of Nigeria; ultimately delivering positive financial performance, value share, and brand love growth.
The role’s responsibilities are:
- Leading the End-2-End Marketing Agenda with NBC Bottler Regional leadership
- Developing, Implementation & execution of Regional marketing plans
- Monthly brand business (consumer, shopper, retail) & DME tracking
Function Specific Activities
- The Company’s effort in building a strong consumer-centric driven business growth model, coupled with development of scalable programs & tools for implementation by our Bottling partners is critical to our short and long-term business success. This person will be a key contributor in shaping the relationship and strategic plan development with these partners.
- The key purpose of this role is to develop and execute market brand programs collaboratively with the Bottler Marketing & Operations teams to ensure implementing a strong path to consumer-driven business growth.
- These programs will require the individual to collaborate with the TCCC Franchise Operations, Country General Manager, Nigeria Brand Team, WABU IMC Team, and Other functions (Finance, C&CL, Technical, Supply Chain, and various Bottler functional teams to ensure complete delivery of the agreed plan.
- Lastly, this individual will be required to provide regular business tracking analysis covering their region – with clear ownership of Financial Performance, Value Share (NARTD, SSD, Water, Juice, Dark Malt) and BLS (Core Seven Brands).
- The key means to achieve these goals are the development of diagnostics, strategies, content, and capability within their region of responsibility.
- The work of the individual requires leveraging the collective intelligence of our system, through a collaborative approach with their Nigeria Franchise & Commercial Partners, WABU Marketing Leadership, and Bottler Region Leadership.
- They need to drive the execution and build / adapt their Regional Marketing Plan content in partnership with Nigeria Brand team associates, building key marketing competency skills for personal and professional development – as the key integrator on their projects and inspirational thought leader to their Regional System counterparts.
- The Initiatives (both consumer and shopper programmes) this person will leverage, create or adapt will be built from local market insights to ensure their local plans are highly resonant with their consumers and will change beliefs, attitudes and behaviours about the brands under their scope, which will lead to incremental brand equity, purchase, and loyalty.
- They will need to have strong project management skills to ensure programs are efficiently developed, a rigorous ability to measure and analyse the performance data from their region/programs, and an inspirational approach to collaboration with others to ensure emotional and rational buy-in at all stages of the business planning cycle.
- Provides Thought Leadership Regarding How Their Region Will Grow Its Brands – including defining which Projects/Programs Should Be Adapted & Operationalized Using Local Insights; thus creating recommended Business plans for Franchise Marketing Manager approval.
- Leads Execution of key components of marketing programs; including overall project management and system tracking to inspire and inform on-the-ground course-corrections as circumstances require.
- Provide proactive budget management and contingency planning to ensure delivery of agreed BP spending targets.
- Provides on-going tracking of Volume, Share, DME and Equity Performance for their Franchise & Bottler leadership.
Organization Impact/ Influence
- Senior Franchise Marketing Manager Nigeria – manager
- Franchise Director – North & Central – key partner
- Franchise C&CL Manager Nigeria
- Media Manager Nigeria
- Franchise Brand Team Members (4)
- Regional Bottler Marketing Leaders
- Regional Bottler Operations Leaders
- Franchise General Manager – two up manager
- Content Excellence, Packaging, & Digital Managers Nigeria – (3)
- Bottler Sales & Marketing Manager
Purpose of Interactions
- Execution & Implementation of Projects & Programs; ensuring key stakeholders have provided input and/or guidance to efforts.
- Persuasive “selling” to ensure Recommendations to Program implementation are not only aligned in principle – but aligned in meaning and interpretation; resulting in Bottler & Operations team clarity and “buy-in” on path forward.
- Obtain feedback to step change programs through, Negotiation, Empathy, and ability to listen in order to understand other’s points of view to inform their own.
- Capability of communicating concisely and to communicate complex topics in a simple manner to non-insiders or experts.
Related Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Minimum Years of Experience: 6-8 years within TCCC or Other Global FMCG company
- Minimum: Bachelor’s DegreePreferred: Master’s Degree – preferably MBA or Masters of Marketing
- Ability to collaborate in an International / Global cultural context is critical considering the diversity of the Business Unit AND Bottler leadership
- Provide Execution Leadership and Analysis for their respective Region; uncovering insights and solutions that encompass local needs/problems
Judgement and Decision Making:
- Regional Marketing Plan, Programs & Initiatives – based on recommendation agreed to by Senior Franchise Marketing Manager
- Regional Specific DME – based on recommendation agreed by Senior Franchise Marketing Manager
Years of Experience:
- 5-7 Years Experience
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Collaborate With System, Customers, And Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act Like An Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop Self And Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
- 15% – Occasional travel to Lagos.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online