Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance & Quality Control Engineer
Req I D: Req-1293
Location: Offshore/Onshore Nigeria
Formulate and carry out all tasks needed to ensure the successful execution of all projects on time, within budget and with due regard to HSES and quality, including:
- To provide Quality Assurance and NDT assessment, technical expertise and management support to the installation/hook up and pre-commissioning of the Project and to ensure Sub-Contractor adheres to Contractor Quality Control /Quality Assurance procedures; promote an incident/accident free work site and that daily Tool Box Talks take place at the start of each shift.
- Participate in JSA talks prior to work commencing.
- Work within the dedicated Project Team, a multi-discipline engineering team dedicated to successful completion of the Project.
- You will co-ordinate with and draw upon the functional resources of the Company and yourself to properly execute the project.
- You will represent the Company when dealing with any suppliers or sub-contractors.
- Ensure all Sub Contractor QA/QC and NDT personnel are adequately capable and qualified to perform their duties
- Monitor and advise Sub contractor regarding NDT/testing in Local fabrication shop/on site, interpreting radiographs, UT and other test reports.
- Monitor all aspects of construction, QC Reports, Sub-contractor Weld map.
- Ensure safety, quality, and timely execution of works.
- Monitor and ensure working hours are maximised without a reduction in Quality.
- Monitor and report manning levels daily.
- Promote maximisation of Productivity
- Coordinate and organize the NDT inspectors.
- Coordinate the NDT inspections and its quality.
- Reviewing & approving of NDT procedures submitting for approvals.
- Evaluating the NDT Technicians in regard to qualification and experience.
- Evaluating the NDT results and signing off the NDT reports.
- Interpreting RT Films being an approved RTFI from ASNT/PCN Level III certification.
- Conducting surprise Audits of 3rd party NDT companies’ operations at times for evaluating the performance of 3rd parties with regard to procedural requirements especially for NDT.
- Training the NDT technicians to lead them for successful completion of applicable NDT methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a recognised Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- CSWIP/PCN/ASNT Level III/II UT, RT, MT & PT or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years NDE technician.
- Minimum 2 years NDE supervisory capacity, in onshore or offshore fabrication of platforms/pipelines
- Minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience, preferably working in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience of working in a multi-discipline environment.
- B.Sc, Engineering, MS Office, Oil & Gas, Operations, QA/QC, Quality Control
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online