Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Req I D: Req-1289
Location: Offshore/Onshore Nigeria
- Shall be fully site based
- Carry out all construction supervision / monitoring activities required for the successful delivery of the works assigned.
- Comply with departmental/Company QHSE procedures and reporting requirements.
- Implement departmental/Company QHSE policies and procedures.
- Participate in and lead in Job Hazard Analyses and safety toolbox meetings and conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance.
- Participate in and lead constructability reviews and the planning and scheduling of construction works.
- Ensure all permits to work are in place.
- Monitor overall progress against schedule and report on same to line management, highlighting the potential for slippage and proposing remedial actions as appropriate.
- Ensure works are completed and handed over on schedule.
- Ensure compliance with the agreed quality plans.
- Prepare project close out and “lessons learnt” reports.
- Review contractors’ work procedures; assess contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
- Liaise with others and supervise materials identification and co-ordination of supply to work sites, ensure adequate inspection and testing is carried out and ensure as-built drawings are produced.
- Participate in all pre- commissioning activities.
- Control Company supplied material issues to contractors, ensuring that any surplus is accounted for.
- Experience in onshore facilities construction work is essential, especially in the onshore fabrication, construction & installation of facilities and pipeline laying (onshore and swampy terrains), as well as working on facilities expansions where simultaneous production and construction operations are required.
- A good understanding of the relevant codes and standards for welding work and testing requirements for same is a prerequisite.
- A reasonable understanding of E & I construction and testing works.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Minimum of 10 years in the Upstream Oil and Gas industry, with at least 10 years in a similar position with an operating company, Nigerian / West African experience preferred.
- Pipeline Facilities Engineer, Construction Manager, HSE, BSc, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online