Lucent Consulting Company, is a Business and Brand Management Consulting firm incorporated in August 2016 with operations commencing in October of the same year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Business Director/COO
Job Descriptions and Qualities
- You must the collaborator-in-chief, lead pointer, deal striker, change maker, culture custodian and professional problem-solver for our tribes and our clients.
- You must be a self-motivated high flyer leading client relationships, identifying business challenges, proffering solutions, and growing our business month on month and year on year.
- You must have the capacity to set an inspiring and empowering leadership tone and establish high expectations to deliver brave work.
- You must possess the power to remove barriers and celebrate the success of our clients and our tribes.
- As the collaborator-in-chief within the organization, you are the rallying point and the positive provocateur for bringing the best thinking and talents to the table from within our tribes for every engagement.
- Responsible for not only building the business, but also for growing the tribes as well as the bonds and relationships amongst the various tribes within the organization.
- Seamlessly integrate and act as an Ambassador for audacious strategic thinking, traditional, digital/social media and influencer capabilities in every engagement.
- Have financial acumen and understand what the success of the company and the businesses you oversee looks like.
- Generate revenue in new business wins or organic growth per year.
- Lead or be actively involved in business development and present a minimum of 5 new or organic business opportunities each year.
- Function as the last stop in taking responsibility for the organization’s successes and accountability for mistakes.
Continuously raise the bar to develop yourself and your tribe:
- Set clear objectives and expectations for your tribe based on your knowledge of client and the organization’s business objectives.
- Reward your tribe members for strong performance.
- Actively solicit feedback and educate yourself to improve your performance.
- Position yourself as a strong, respected and inspiring leader within the organization, amongst internal tribe members, direct reports, and client leadership.
- Define your success as the success of your direct reports.
- Create an environment that ensures the productive career development of your tribe members. You must learn to respect differing points of view, maintain a good sense of humor and encourage curiosity and ongoing learning (especially trends, digital and social).
- Cultivate and maintain a productive client relationships at senior levels of the organization we service to enhance the company’s works.
- Earn and command the respect and confidence of key client executives resulting in favourable feedbacks and assessments from clients.
- Have a finger on the pulse of our clients’ businesses and client executives. Touching base with senior executives of the organizations we service frequently. This also includes engaging the top Marketing/Brand Executives as part of the periodic Client Satisfaction Survey.
- Offer unsolicited ideas, thinking, and counsel that clients would value.
- Continually merchandise the value of our professional services to clients.
- Regularly seek client feedback on the company’s performance and promote the company’s accomplishments.
- Proactively address issues, obstacles or conflicts with our clients.
- Build client relationships beyond PR – marketing, digital, research and other internal teams.
- Actively seek integrated (PR- traditional/social/digital/marketing) solutions for the clients’ businesses.
- Stimulate and challenge your team to deliver powerful programs for our clients based on business goals, research, and relevant insights.
- Use experience and forward-thinking to identify and calculate risks, and help guide our tribes and our clients through it – the ability to “connect the dots.”
- Support your tribe in protecting our big idea.
- Have the ultimate responsibility for profit and business growth for the organization.
- Have a proven track record of developing and presenting dynamic, charismatic and persuasive presentations.
- Have the ability to package ideas and feedback in a clear, logical and persuasive manner with any audience.
- You will be our preferred candidate if you have spent about 10 years within the Marketing Communications ecosystem.
- A significant part of those years must have been spent in a well-structured PR/Reputation Management Consulting firm.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Leverage and ensure that data/analytics and insights drive decision-making for planning and input to real-time engagement.
- Grow client remit beyond media relations or traditional PR.
- Lead and actively participate in company-wide learning programs
- Expect, encourage and clear the path for your tribe to participate in the company-wide learning programs
- Develop a quick but clear understanding and knowledge of our bespoke proprietary programs and how to engage and activate those tools with existing and potential clients.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org