The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Water and Habitat Engineer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Assesses sites, situations and needs with regard to Water and Habitat (WatHab) aspects
- Collects and gathers information for a situation analysis
- Prepares projects proposals including descriptions, sketches, drawings, bill of quantities, estimation costs and implementation planning based on analysis and WatHab objectives
- Implements projects with contractors, sub-contractors, ICRC teams of technicians and / or combinations of the former
- Supervises contractors, sub-contractors and ICRC teams
- Trains and coach technical field staff & daily workers working on ongoing Wathab projects
- Gives technical advice to team members for ongoing Wathab rehabilitation works
- Follow the administrative, logistics and purchasing procedures
- Manages the working advance, purchasing and delivery of WatHab materials according to ICRC procedures.
- Prepares the necessary documentation for the request of quotations, for tendering procedures and for purchase of material – RO
- Participates in the budget monitoring
- Contributes to written reporting under supervision
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering namely Civil, Architecture or Electrical.
- 3-5 years’ experience in engineering field
- Good computer skills in AutCad, excel. Word etc.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Adapting & Learning
- Team Work, Planning,
- Organization & Assessment
- Analysis & Synthesis
- Responsibility & Autonomy
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.orgPlease clearly indicate “Water and Habitat Engineer Maiduguri” as the subject of your application.
- Applications intended for the role without the above subject will not be treated.
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.