The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Yola Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Actively participate in the design, development and implementation of hygiene promotion program in camps and non-camp settings.
- Provide technical guidance to the Nigeria Red Cross Society volunteers by training, supervision, mentoring and follow up of progress on the capacity development of their skills.
- Adopt participatory learning approaches/methods for community water, hygiene and sanitation
- Participate in the monitoring of all hygiene promotion, and community mobilization activities to ensure target communities behavior change and project ownership.
- Mobilize, organize and supervise, through facilitators or other means, members of the communities to take ownership of maintaining best practices in personal, community and environmental hygiene.
- Conduct participatory hygiene promotion sessions within communities, groups of persons with specific needs, according to age, gender and diversity, community-based committees and other groups, such as duty bearers and stakeholders.
- Draw programs in line with globally recognized hygiene and sanitation action days.i.e Global handwashing, World Toilet days.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental/Public Health/Social Science or equivalent training/experience in related technical field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ practical work experience working with vulnerable communities in the field of water/sanitation, WASH, hygiene or public health and experience in behavior change activities.
- Familiarity with key health and hygiene issues and hygiene promotion/education activities in camp and/or non-camp settings.
- Experience of training design, delivery, facilitation, mentoring and building the capacity of communities and partners is desirable.
- Knowledge of participatory approaches will be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English as well as spoken Hausa.
- Strong communication and reporting skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with Adamawa/Borno South State.
- Communicative and clear
- Responsible, reliable and accountable
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Hygiene Promotion Officer – Yola” as the subject of your application
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated. Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.