The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Economic Security Field Officer – Cash and Market
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Responsible for assessing, designing, planning and implementation of Economic Security (EcoSec) cash based response in the area of responsibility.
- Reports on the progress of the different EcoSec interventions and documents the lessons learned through the projects. He would be responsible to carry out feasibility study in markets for different type of cash assistance such as conditional, unconditional, voucher and cash for work.
- Designs appropriate projects and ensures smooth implementation of the EcoSec Cash programme in the assigned area in coordination with other team members, assistance departments, respective, including involved local partners
- Ensures the appropriateness of cash based intervention and necessary preconditions for the implementing any cash based are met (e.g. functioning markets, safe transfer mechanism, timing, risks analysis, local capacity, operational costs, beneficiary preferences, appropriateness/feasibility, social issues)
- Prepares the necessary documents and tools for cash transfers such as, beneficiary lists with the amounts to be transferred and timing for instalments, agreements and communication materials on the specific interventions.
- Does regular internal, oral and written reporting on field visits. Immediately reports any problems or delays in the implementation of the programme or the projects to the supervisors
- Maintains and develops contacts and a good dialogue with relevant interlocutors mainly independently,
- University degree in Economics, Development Studies, Sociology, or related fields
- Four years of work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English and the local language
- Team leadership skills
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Experience of utilising mobile data collection tools for data collection is an asset
- Good Knowledge of existing cash transfer mechanism for delivering cash as humanitarian assistance.
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Shows judgment abilities to deal with special cases and propose solutions
- Ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained within the EcoSec department and with the other ICRC departments through adequate communication
- Reports on problems (security) with accuracy and without delays
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, Curriculum Vitae, and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Economic Security Field Officer – Cash and Market Maiduguri” as subject of the application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Late application will not be considered.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.