The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Monguno office, is looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Economic Security (EcoSec) Field Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
- Assess the general situation and identifies conflict-affected population needs according to the EcoSec set criteria
- Participates in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the EcoSec programme activities mainly on emergencies and livelihoods response in close collaboration with Nigerian Red Cross Society
- Provide immediate supervisor on weekly or ad hoc basis with updated statistical and logistic data
- Does regular internal, oral and written reporting on field visits. Immediately reports any problems or delays in the implementation of the programme or the projects to the supervisors
- Prepares the EcoSec section of the sub-delegation’s weekly operational report independently and contributes to other departmental reporting as required
- Under the close supervision of the immediate supervisor, maintains and develops contacts and a good dialogue with relevant interlocutors.
- Provides situation analysis relevant to the overall understanding of local dynamics for ICRC activities
- University degree in Development Studies, Economics or related field
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English and the local language
- Leadership skills
- Cross-cultural adaptability
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment (North-East of Borno State – Nigeria)
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Confidence with IT tools (mainly MS Office)
- Shows judgment abilities to deal with special cases and proposes solutions
- Ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained within the department and with the other ICRC departments through adequate communication
- Reports on problems (security) with accuracy and without delays
- Is familiar in using the IT tools
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.orgPlease clearly indicate “Economic Security Field Officer Monguno” as the subject of your application.
- Applications intended for the role without the above subject will not be treated.
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.