Girl Effect, is an organisation working to break the cycle of inter-generational poverty. We do this by investing in programmes for girls, connecting girls to each other to amplify their voices, and brokering access to the critical assets girls need. We drive behaviour change by harnessing media in innovative ways and building social networks to shift girls perceptions of themselves and how others value them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Relationships Manager
Department: Operations, Project Management
Vacancy Type: Permanent
We’re currently looking for an experienced Senior Relationships Manager to localise and implement TEGA’s global FY18 strategy, by evolving the TEGA Nigeria operations into established commercially successful operations serving the research needs of Girl Effect and like-minded, mission aligned external partners from the public and private sectors.
TEGA – Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors are currently active in 5 countries – Nigeria, Rwanda, Malawi, India and the US. This year TEGA is also launching into Bangladesh. With the exception of Nigeria, these networks are new and predominantly serving Girl Effect’s internal research needs.
Nigeria is TEGA’s most established network, with TEGA operations present in Kano, Borno and Lagos. The strategy moving forward is to turn these networks into busy, commercially successful research operations, serving the needs of like-minded development and private sector organisations.
What You’ll Do
- The key year 1 objective for this role will be to localise and implement TEGA’s global FY18 strategy, by evolving the TEGA Nigeria operations into established commercially successful operations serving the research needs of Girl Effect and like-minded, mission aligned external partners from the public and private sectors.
- TEGA’s legal and governance procedures and policies
- The pricing model for TEGA’s internal (Girl Effect), Public and Private sector clients
- The operational model for launching new TEGA networks
- The process for conducting a research project – ensuring all projects are delivered on brief, on time and budget
- Ensure continuous positive relationships with existing partners
- Develop fruitful and positive relationships with new partners, finalising contracts efficiently and ensuring training needs are identified and fulfilled to facilitate adherence to our policies e.g. Safeguarding.
- The process for maintaining the safety of the TEGAs and respondents and ensuring the quality of the research output
- Managing and supporting the TEGA Nigeria team, ensuring that all team members are clear on their roles and delivering on their objectives
- Sharing local learnings to help shape and strengthen the global TEGA operation
- Sharing learnings and opportunities with the other Girl Effect products to catalyse integration.
- Participate in all strategic and programme planning, budget re-forecasting, training, team building and related activities of the Girl Effect Nigeria team and contribute to the overall development of the organisation.
Who you are:
- You will need to have signigficant managerial experience gained from working within either the technology, media or development sector
- Proven experience and success in growing a new innovation / small operation into a successful, commercial business.
- Proven experience working within the global south / developing world.
- The ability to communicate and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders, clients and investors.
- A pioneering attitude – you’ll need to be someone who thrives in being part of a team, who often break new ground and invent new and disruptive ways of working.
- Experience of managing a team
- The ability to think and operate at a strategic level
- A motivational, thoughtful leader
- A collaborative team player
- Culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- Adaptable – able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments
- Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Clear interest in working in developing countries
- Commitment to realizing the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online