INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri with missions on the coordination office in Abuja and on the field bases (Ngala, Bama, Dikwa, Monguno, Mobbar and Magumeri LGAs. Further LGAs could be added in the coming weeks / months), Borno State, Nigeria
Starting date: 01/01/2018
Contract duration: 2 months (renewable)
Reporting to: HR Director
Supervision of: National HR Coordinator based in HQ. coordinates with: HoM, CFO and PM
General Context of the Project
- Since 2009, the Boko Haram insurgency has crippled north eastern Nigeria. Borno State continues to be most affected, with over 1.8 million internally displaced persons (IDPs). Recent advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved humanitarian access in 22 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno, but have also revealed the extent of the crisis. In newly accessible areas, basic infrastructure has been destroyed, essential services are non-existent, and most local governance systems are not functional.
- In support to the UN-led coordinated humanitarian response in the region, INTERSOS is implementing more than 6 projects addressing critical gaps in health and nutrition, WASH, food security, shelter, Camp Coordination and Camp Management and protection services for a highly vulnerable population in the newly accessible host communities in the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Ngala (Ngala-Gambaru), Bama (Banki) and Dikwa (Dikwa) Local Government Area (LGA), Borno State, Nigeria.
General Purpose of the Position
- The Hr Coordinator, in collaboration with the HOM, contributes to the definition and implementation of the mission’s objectives and ensures the Hr capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution and active participation in order to achieve missions goals effectively. This will be done according to INTERSOS human resources vision and values.
- Works in close collaboration with the Hq National Hr Coordinator to supervise all the aspects of the National staffs management, the definition of policies and strategies and the development in order to build up the career strategy and possibilities of expatriation.
- Works in close collaboration with the mission Hr Managers ensuring that INTERSOS is a Responsible employer in the missions of the area, supporting the proper management of HR across the board and assuming full responsibility of the Hr Administrative issues in the missions.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Ensure INTERSOS manages the Human Resources as a Responsible Employer:
- Is responsible for all human resources management issues of the missions, ensuring they are aligned with HR policies and Responsible Employer frame
- Ensures implementation and revision of all HR Policies for international staffs adapting standard INTERSOS policies to the missions
- Works in close collaboration with the HQ National Hr Coordinator to develop local policies defining or adapting INTERSOS standard policies to the missions.
Support to local recruitment:
- Identifies the best local sources of recruitment according to the needs and objectives of the missions as well as define recruitment strategy based on the analysis of labour market with the objective of recruiting professionals and people with potentials to develop within the missions/organization
- Supervises the Hr Manager ensuring that local staffs in the missions are properly recruited and that all staffs are managed according to INTERSOS HR vision, policies and values, and provides support and technical advice to the different Coordinators in order to grant fulfilment and coherence.
Management of Human Resources (International and National):
- Defines and coordinates the internal communication policy, in collaboration with all field coordination teams, organizing personnel meetings and broadcasting INTERSOS values and vision, in order to boost team building, people commitment, active participation and adherence to INTERSOS values
- Ensures systematic briefings and debriefing of all International staffs in the missions and keep regular contacts to support them
- Provides expertise to Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to manage HR (team management, conflict management, stress early detection, communication, meetings…)
- Facilitates the resolution of conflicts among missions staffs and looks for a viable solution in case a direct intervention is not possible
- Makes sure that cases linked to behavioral issues are prevented, detected and managed
- Ensures, in close collaboration with the relevant departments, that all international and internal movements in the missions are properly managed (visas, tickets, dates of arrival/departure, etc.) and ensures proper accommodation conditions (i.e. room, food, etc.) by informing all relevant people
- Supports and coach as an expert all the Coordinators in their role of people’s managers
Management of International staffs:
- Coordinates with Hr Managers and HQ HR Administration to follow up HR policies in particular Rest & Recuperation, house allowance, family benefits, staff separation clearance checklist, flight booking and leaves
- Guarantees and facilitates the participation of the first missioners to the Induction in Rome Hq or in the region
- Ensures proper end of assignment, debriefing and capitalization of experiences and shares it with HR Department of Rome HQ (pool managers) for proposals of future missions
Management of National staffs in collaboration with the HR Managers:
- Ensures alignment of mission’s objectives with HR institutional objectives beyond the missions (related with future HR capacity of the organization such as supporting development of staffs beyond missions roles, promoting spaces to train new staffs (first missions) or staffs under development plans, detachment, etc…)
- Follows the HR and Administration related issues at mission level (recruitment, management and development of teams, contracting of national and regional employees’, remuneration of local and regional staff, etc.).
- Guides and supervises the Hr Manager in the local implementation of a fair rewarding policy in the missions in accordance to INTERSOS policies and local regulations checking monthly calculations of salaries and taxes, in order to ensure internal equity, adequate competitiveness and legal compliance
- Ensures a good knowledge of labour market: in terms of profiles available, level of qualifications, specificities, lead or request labour market studies and benchmarking studies
- Develops the missions mobility policy according to the needs and the context and in respect with policies and standards
Follow up of legal Requirements
- Supports the Hom and the Hr Managers to comply with the Hr legal requirements of the different Countries
- Supervises and manages administrative processes for all staffs and manage conflicts when they appear, in order to ensure labour legal compliance and to improve employer branding awareness
- Is responsible to make sure that Internal regulations and all HR related policies, procedures and administrative documents (i.e. employment contracts, payslip, etc.) are within the national legal framework
- Represents INTERSOS in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for HR Administration related issues.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online