Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant
Role and Responsibilities
- Administrative management & follow-up
- Gather the necessary personnel and contractual documents for all staff;
- Ensure that all HR files are complete and updated;
- Manage the physical and electronic archival of HR files;
- Prepare administrative equipment of staff (insurance cards, ID cards etc.)
- Record minutes of meetings when asked by the line manager;
- Prepare and share mission documents on a weekly basis (job announcements, etc.);
- Update the base contact list on a monthly basis
- Prepare the HR files for audit and verification visits;
- Assist the line manager in the preparation of meetings when needed.
- Prepare advances on salaries and pay roll at the end of each month.
- Prepare payslips based on the HR Data base and ensure signature by each employee.
- HR management for local staff and expatriates
- Maintain confidentiality of HR information;
- Assist the HR Officer in the implementation and respect of HR policy and procedures;
- Assist in the implementation of disciplinary measures (preparation of explanation letters, minutes of meetings, warnings, etc.)
- Provide HR briefings to staff when needed;
- Prepare local staff contracts and amendments and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms & conditions;
- Keep track of the staff leaves and update concerned tools accordingly;
- Follow up on the evaluation/appraisals deadlines for national staff and inform their managers accordingly;
- Regulary update the HR database,
- Ensure the respect of terminatioon procedures and prepare all necessary documents;
- Update the organizational charts;
- Ensure that the recruitment policy is being implemented and respected;
- Maintain all recruitment documents in HR files;
- Be the focal point for the communication with candidates throughout the whole process;
- Schedule technical tests and interviews;
- Assist the HR Officer in the recruitments at coordination and attend interviews when needed;
- Prepare the integration of any new employee, and make sure the managers are implementing the induction plan;
- Capacity building
- Assist in identifying training instituations as per the determined needs;
- Archive training certificates in HR files;
- Forward to line manager the identified skills to be improved that were reported in performance appraisals;
- Update the concerned tools according to trainings received.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and at least one local language : Hausa or Kanuri.
- Education degree: University degree in Human Ressourses or a related field.
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies).
Knowledge and skills:
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Knowledgable about the Labor Law and the provisions of the National Social Security law;
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel.
- Interests: Committed to engage in the humanitarian field;
- Excellent communication and interpersonnal skills
- Diplomacy and problem solving
- Well organized
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work;
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online