Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning
- The Director of Physical Planning shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for Physical
- Planning matters in the University.
- The candidate should possess a high degree of responsibility, competence and unassailable integrity.
- He must be computer literate particularly in computer aided design and control.
- The candidate must be strong, healthy and articulate at the point of appointment in order to accommodate the rigours of the Physical Planning Services.
- Overall supervision of the Physical Planning, development and physical projections for planning purposes in the University.
- Effective control of buildings, roads and sites in the University Campuses.
- Advise Management and Council on physical planning in the University.
- Management of Physical Planning budget.
- Effective and result-oriented supervision of staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must have a good honours Degree in Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning or Quantity Surveying
- The candidate must have eighteen (18) years of relevant experience in the University or tertiary educational system.
- The candidate should be an officer not below the rank of Deputy Director of Physical Planning in the University System.
- The possession of a higher Degree in relevant field of specialization is an advantage.
- The candidate must have professional registration from relevant bodies such as the
- Nigerian institute of Architects, Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, Architects Registration Council of Nigeria, Town Planning Registration Council and Nigeria Society of Engineers
- The candidate must not be more than sixty (60) years at the point of appointment
Conditions of Service
- The Conditions of Service as applicable to a non-teaching Director on CONUNASS 15 as the Governing Council may determine from time to time shall apply.
- The appointment shall be for a single tenure of four (4) years.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit fifteen (15) copies of their Application and Curriculum Vitae with copies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae shall be compiled as follows:
- Name in full, surname first.
- Place and date of birth
- Permanent contact address
- Current contact address if different from address above
- Marital status
- Number of children with age
- State of origin
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications with dates
- Working experience
- Present employment including current salary
- Extra curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees
Applications should be submitted to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University,
- Candidates must ask the Referees to write confidential report on them and forward it to the Vice Chancellor Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- The application must be marked at the top left of the envelope, “Director of Physical Planning”.