Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is one of Nigeria’s leading Oil and Gas Company. Due to internal expansion and re-structuring, they are looking to hire suitable qualified candidates in the capacity below:
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Purchasing Manager shall provide strategic procurement sourcing services for the company.
- He/she will plan and organize the transfer of goods and materials from manufacturers and suppliers to clients.
- The incumbent shall ensure all procurement, supply and shipping are efficient.
- He/she should have the responsibility of performing engagements of the overall control framework, including identifying controllership and compliance process gaps and implement, if needed.
- Responsible for order placement, timing, supply and demand.
- Responsible for supervising company’s procurement activities and working closely with the selected suppliers/OEMs.
- Provide leadership for the purchasing department and motivate staff to achieve maximum performance and efficiency.
- Ensure that the purchasing department works within all of the companies operational procedures.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and improve supplier performance.
- Source for the most affordable materials from manufacturing companies.
- Monitor delivery times to ensure they are on time.
- Ensures adequate supply of all required materials, components and equipment.
- Manage the procurement supplier relationships for the company.
- Responsible for sourcing alternative items for buyers and customers.
- Develop sourcing strategies and manage commodity cost initiatives.
- Resolve disputes and claims with vendors and suppliers.
- Manage, develop and improve the purchasing team.
- Review all contracts agreements to achieve ‘best price best quality’ purchasing.
- Prepare and process requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for purchases.
- Give sourcing input to colleagues to aid business planning and development.
- Make recommendations and advise senior management on all purchasing issues.
- Maintain records of supplier contracts, agreements, goods ordered received.
- Control the purchase order and supply of all procured items and services.
- Negotiate price and terms of products with suppliers.
- Qualification: A degree in any related course.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ work experience
- Strong negotiating skill, leadership and influencing skills.
- Business acumen, supply chain management skills and attention to details.
- Hardworking and unbeatable positive attitude.
- Understanding of internet marketing
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgement and decision making.
- Plan and Supply Chain management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the freight and transport industries.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly make the subject of the mail the “Job Title”
Note:Only successful candidates will be contacted.