Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered local Non-governmental organization (NGO) with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace building, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, education as well as governance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Scope of Work
- The nutrition officer will be responsible for overseeing all CCDRN health & Nutrition activities in Yobe state.
- And day-to-day supports to Nutritional activities in the health facilities and their catchment communities, monitoring of activities, report making, coordination with other sectors and government authorities as well as close collaboration with other health and nutrition implementing partners.
- The position is based in Damaturu with regular field trips to CCDRN target communities throughout Yobe State and other parts of the northeast as needed.
- In collaboration with the state program manager and other program implementation staff, oversee the implementation of Nutrition activities implemented by CCDRN in Yobe.
- Ensure sound data collection and information management systems are in place for ongoing monitoring of health & Nutrition programme activities
- Promote mother infant and young child feeding best practices in CCDRN target communities and participate actively in the implementation of operational research in across these communities.
- Plan and actively involve the community in marking recognised nutrition related days.
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation and monitoring of nutrition project activities in line with proposal targets and work plan timelines
- Conduct regular supportive supervision to all supported health facilities and catchment communities, provide mentoring and technical support and appropriate feedback as needed
- Participate in the design of robust M&E plans and design/adapt Nutrition information systems including surveillance systems for CCDRN health & nutrition programs
- Oversee continuous training programs for the nutrition staff as well as organising training.
- Participate in recruitment of health staff as appropriate
- Identify and train community health workers to support project activities
- Train community health workers, and target beneficiaries on the use of good nutrition and health practices
- Assist in response and management of any nutrition emergencies.
- Follow up on nutrition programs and prepare reports for donors and stakeholders
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Nutrition or Food Science or Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Nursing with working experience of not less than 3 years in nutrition or related field.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and data entry/analysis software)
- Minimum of not less than 2 years’ experience in nutrition or related field.
- Demonstrated skills in community mobilisation and facilitation
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and management skills
- Good problem solving and independent thinking skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadline and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Willingness to travel to any part of the state
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in one e-mail attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.