The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff that is committed to its mission and values. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Our Program in Nigeria
- We launched our programs in Nigeria in 2004. Now in 2017, the country program has offices in Abuja, Jos, Maiduguri, and Yola. We work with partners in target states of the country to support peaceful resolution of conflict. Each program is adapted to specific local context and conflicts, and all apply common ground tools from our toolbox.
- Search has established a permanent presence in Abuja as an operational base and all our Nigeria offices are currently supporting a host of programs with activities that include capacity building, dialogues, peace architecture, media programming, participatory theatre and collaborative joint activities.
Summary of Position
- The Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Coordinator will support the DM&E Manager in leading the Institutional Learning department and carry out all the strategic and functional responsibilities of design, monitoring, evaluation and learning for all North East Projects currently run out of Maiduguri office. SFCG projects in North East cover Borno and Adamawa.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the DM&E Manager and in close coordination with the program team. The position will be based in Maiduguri and will frequently travel to the field.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support quality, conflict sensitive, innovative and effective DM&E process in North East;
- Support the DM&E Manager in providing ongoing technical support in proposal development, monitoring, reflective practice, evaluation and learning;
- Implementing SFCG M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, data collection tools, monitoring missions and evaluations in the North East;
- Establish appropriate data collection methodologies and strategies to evaluate peacebuilding in North East;
- Enable program teams to utilize evaluation findings and communicate results effectively;
- Strengthen DM&E capacities of SFCG program staff and partners;
- Supporting recruitment and management (if needed) of external consultants for specific projects;
- Support DM&E Manager conduct internal evaluations when appropriate based on SFCG Evaluation Guidelines and Policies;
- Contribute to developing organization-wide DM&E tools, systems, and processes
- Supporting DM&E Manager in facilitating cross-organizational learning, which includes providing information, guidelines, lessons learned, and user-friendly learning tools on DM&E on the Institutional Learning Team Intranet website
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Research Methodologies, Social Sciences or related disciplines;
- Minimum of three (3) years to five years of work experience in design, monitoring and evaluation methodologies, of which at least one year of experience in the peacebuilding M&E;
- Proven experience of using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis tools;
- Knowledge of participatory methods, mixed methods, outcome mapping and/or impact evaluation techniques;
- Collaborative working style that enables coaching and training in M&E principles and best-practices
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate evaluations, including experience developing evaluation terms of reference and recruiting and managing consultants;
- Extensive knowledge and application of proposal design principles;
- Knowledge of data software such as STATA, SPSS;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online