Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: CCCM Database Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the job
- This position falls under the direct management of ACTED’s CCCM Program Manager
- ACTED’s CCCM Database Assistant will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life.
- This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp.
- The CCCM Database will work primarily on data collection and database-related activities within sites operated by ACTED. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Implement CCCM activities as requested by the CCCM Team Leader and PM such as but not limited to:
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Maintaining the camps resident database updating this database daily based on new arrivals and new departures
- Promptly complying with requests for demographic information by ACTED’s CCCM team and by other partners/stakeholders
- Spearheading assessments and data collecting activities; this involves training camp residents on the assessment and how to use Open Data Kit (ODK).
- Leading on the creation of Formal Site Monitoring Tool, Site Resident Database, and monthly demographic reports.
- Occasionally assisting in camp committee meetings and publishing minutes or statistics for partners working in the camp
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s CCCM Officer, Team Leader and Camp Management Program Manager.
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Completion of university degree in Database, Data Entry, Social Studies, or Technical degrees in Software Tools
- Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office, AutoCad, collecting data using tablets
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Contract length: 6 Months
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered. e.g CCCM Team Leader-Mafa
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.