Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CCCM Team Leader
- In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for CCCM Team Leader to support its mission in Mafa and Jere Borno state.
About the Job
- This position falls under the direct management of ACTED’s CCCM Program Manager
- ACTED’s CCCM Team Leader will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life.
- This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp.
- The CCCM Team Leader will also have an administrative responsibility of ensuring that CCCM staff and incentivized labour for their site are actively following their TORs and abiding by ACTED’s camp Code of Conduct.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Implement CCCM activities as requested by the CCCM Program Manager such as but not limited to:
- Responsible for ACTED’s CCCM team working on site including but not limited to creating daily work plans, assure that activities are ongoing without delays, submitting daily reports back to CCCM PM, up-to-date records of activities are updated and stored accordingly, interaction with stakeholders and partners at the site level.
- Spearhead with assistance from ACTED’s CCCM PM Capacity building trainings of local authorities, site committee members and partners working at the camp level.
- Work at generating capacity of CCCM staff and hired workers from the camp setting
- Liaise with local authorities, camp committees, partners and other stakeholders in ensuring that activities and camp management exercise is aligned with needs in the camp
- Design assessments and surveys used to capture pertinent needs of camp residents
- Report directly back to CCCM PM on changes to the camp environment including but not limited to security, standards, needs/gaps, influxes, departures, etc
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Participation in ACTED’s security protocol for camp sites including submitting security clearance forms, getting up-to-date security news from key informants in the local community and conveying to ACTED’s CCCM PM of any security risks or constraints obtained from the site.
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s CCCM Officer, Team Leader and Camp Management Program Manager.
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of University degree in Civil Engineering, Humanities, Social Studies, Architecture, Urban Planning or Engineering
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience working in a camp setting
- Previous work with camp management agency
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Contract length: 6 Months
- Level: D1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (no longer than four pages) in English, Cover Letter (indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied) and Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer, addressed to “The Recruitment Manager” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered. e.g CCCM Team Leader-Mafa
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
- CV-only applications will not be considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.