The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Project Manager/Team Leader for the project Support to Free Movement of Persons and Migration in West Africa (FMM West Africa). The Project Manager is based in Abuja and leads a team of five colleagues in the implementation of ICMPD’s components in the IOM-ICMPD-ILO joint ‘FMM West Africa’ project. FMM West Africa is a five year project that started in the summer of 2013 and is scheduled to end in spring 2018, with a likely prolongation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Finance Officer
Vacancy Reference: VA17P118V01
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Support to Free Movement of Persons and Migration in West Africa
Start date: Mid December 2017
Contract duration: 4 months Special Service Agreement
- ICMPD, IOM and ILO constitute the consortium that is implementing the project Support to Free Movement of Persons and Migration in West Africa (FMM West Africa).
- The project aims to maximise the development potential of free movement of persons and migration in West Africa by supporting the effective implementation of the ECOWAS Free Movement of Persons’ protocols and the ECOWAS Common Approach on Migration.
- The Project Support Unit (PSU), which implements the Project, is based in Abuja.
- The National Finance Officer will form part of the PSU and work under the supervision of the Coordinator, to whom s/he will report.
- The National Finance Officer will support the implementation of ICMPD’s activities in the project and may need to travel in the ECOWAS region and Mauritania.
Duties and Responsibilities
The National Finance Officer will perform the following tasks:
- Ensure compliance with ICMPD and EU rules and regulations for financial management.
- Ensure procurement are rules followed as per donor and ICMPD requirements
- Reconcile the local bank account, and monitor receivables and payables.
- Monitor budget execution, propose reallocation of funds when necessary, and propose budget revision for submission to donors.
- Support the maintenance of financial project files and records, and archiving of finance related project documentation.
- Support the maintenance of project accounts and financial project reporting of the ICMPD’s activities.
- Handle local cash, bank account and bank expenditures, make payments following standard workflow procedures and submit financial documents to the ICMPD Brussels Office (cash advance requests, procurement requests, travel requests, travel claims, expenditure reports, invoices etc.) through the Finance system (SAP).
- Maintain project accounts and prepare financial reports on ICMPD’s activities.
- Manage the hard copies of project documentation, such as travel documentation.
- Verify supporting documentation attached to claims, invoices and requests for payment submitted by project partners, staff, consultants, suppliers and service providers, resolves queries with local suppliers.
- Prepare monthly field cash and bank reports and requests cash replenishment.
- Check the completeness of project financial documentation.
- Performs any other duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. An industry certification is considered an asset.
- Minimum five years of experience in project accounting and/or finance in an international organisation.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Knowledge of financial management and ERP-systems (SAP) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Nigeria, ECOWAS and the region is an asset.
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Good computer skills, especially superior skills in the use of Microsoft Office Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, adaptability and flexibility.
- Good organisational skills including managing conflicting priorities and working with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
ICMPD Core Values:
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
- The remuneration for this expert post is a monthly fee, based on qualifications and experience. Where duty travel is required within the assignment, a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and travel costs are provided. Health coverage and a pension fund are the responsibility of the incumbent.
ICMPD offers a competitive salary commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and education.
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
- Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/
- All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in this vacancy announcement. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
- Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Written tests and Interviews are planned to take place in the 2nd week of December 2017. Applicants are expected to be available during this period for a personal interview in Abuja, or if personal circumstances do not permit travelling, for an interview over skype.
- ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
- ICMPD is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity.