Plan International Nigeria is part is the global federation of Plan International and was registered as a National Organization in 2014 in Nigeria. Plan International works in 52 developing Countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan’s Global Strategic Goals (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls ad our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised through the delivery of high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Req ID: 25163
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Duration: 1 year
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate all M&E efforts across Plan International Nigeria’s Humanitarian programmes in line with International best practices and relevant guidelines and to coordinate the operationalization of effective and appropriate systems and processes for measuring impact, learning and reporting across the organization.
In collaboration with the Field Teams, ERM, MERL Manager, Lake chad MERL specialist, team leads and sector Specialists, the M&E Coordinator will:
- Oversee the development and implementation of humanitarian program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, tool development, assessments, and all Humanitarian monitoring and evaluation activities
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for humanitarian programs that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Ensure M&E-specific elements of staff and local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities to donors by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide coordination and supervision on M&E to ensure technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Project/unit heads, sector Specialists, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi-year international development programs, with a robust M&E component. Master’s degree is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Familiarity with M&E for protection projects including the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS).
- Strong PM&E knowledge and skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online