Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program/Project Officer
Advert code: Po171117
Department: Global Fund Malaria PR Grant
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party – GF Malaria
Position type: Full time
Band: C -1
Duration: 3 years
- CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a principal recipient (PR) for the 2018-2020 Global Fund Malaria grant starting January 2018.
- As PR, CRS will partner with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders. CRS will also manage and oversee SRs to deliver a range of malaria treatment and prevention services at the state level in 13 Global Fund supported states, including coordination of the long-lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns amongst the 13 states due for replacement campaigns between 2018-2020.
- The GF Malaria Program/Project Officer will provide programme oversight in areas including tracking of SRs’ deliverables, targets and reports.
- S/he will collate and review reports, and ensure compliance with donor requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
- S/he will be an experienced and versatile Program/Project Officer who can adequately support the Programme team and backstop when/where required.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Program and Case Management:
- Provide support to the Sub Recipients (SRs) in implementing the GF Malaria grant in the various states.
- Ensure that SR program and Case Management activities are implemented according to the approved work plan and budget, focusing on meeting agreed deadlines.
- Ensure that the CRS Zero Cash Policy is adhered to during implementation
- Monitor SR budget implementation
- Participate actively in the program wide quarterly review exercises
- Support the Monitoring & Evaluation team as required
- Provide technical and programmatic support required for improving malaria service uptake
- Ensure that SR Service uptake activities are implemented according to the approved work plan and budget, focusing on meeting agreed deadlines.
- Work closely with the Programme team and SRs to drive malaria service uptake in health facilities and in the community.
- Work closely with relevant government organizations at national and state levels, as well as other stakeholders, to strengthen grant coordination and oversight.
- Support efforts to bridge the gap between service delivery and service uptake in health facilities
- Facilitate timely resolution of designated SR’s needs, for smooth grant implementation.
- Contribute to the capacity building efforts of designated SR, and ensure delivery of high quality services at all program sites in line with national guidelines
- Facilitate reporting
- Facilitate accurate and timely Progress Update (PU) reporting by the SRs.
Training and Mentoring:
- Monitor and track state level trainings, and ensure that all state meetings and trainings are implemented by SRs as scheduled.
- Support the SRs’ planning and implementation of trainings, workshops and other capacity development interventions.
- Represent CRS at all required national level sub-committee/technical meetings with NMEP.
- Represent CRS at all national level technical meetings with other malaria partners e.g. Technical Working Groups etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with integrity
- Models stewardship
- Cultivates constructive relationships
- Promotes learning
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Head of Operations, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for PQ and MQ
- External: Global Fund’s Fund Portfolio Manager and Nigeria Country Team, SRs, State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (MoH), Technical and Financial Partners, supported health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA)
- Ability to travel frequently to the project sites in all the states of the assigned zone.
Qualifications and Eligibility
- MBBS/MD is required and/or post-graduate Degree in Health Management or Public Health.
- At least 5 years post NYSC relevant experience.
- At least 2 years malaria programming experience
- Previous experience working on the Global Fund for AIDS/TB/Malaria project.
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written communication skills).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Desirable Qualities and Experience:
- Previous M&E experience will be an advantage
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, and good decision-making skills.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training/mentoring.
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2017
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to:firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line of their application the job title and advert code for the position and the state being applied for (e.g Job Title – Po171117)
- CRS is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.