Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. We are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.
At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business. We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnerships Advisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Regional Business Manager, West Africa
- The Partnerships Advisor will design and drive sales and distribution strategies to support the unique combination of relevant channels in the Nigerian market.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Establishing and managing channel partner networks for Sun King products
- Managing and growing existing accounts within the territory
- Managing client relationships through all phases of the sales cycle,providing a consultative solutions-based sales process to prospects
- Conducting one-on-one and group sales and training presentations
- Developing new business : prospecting, qualifying and closing new channel partners
- Delivery of annual revenue and unit sales targets
- Identifying key resources needed to execute the right sales and distribution strategy, including hiring and managing field sales staff, managing budgets for market activations and channel incentives to meet sales targets.
- Co-ordination with the head office for all technical, commercial, administrative and legal assistance.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a college/university Degree and at least 5 years of sales and business development experience working with channel networks in Nigeria
- Has experience building and executing a sales and distribution strategy for consumer durables or FMCG products.
- Has a strong entrepreneurial streak, is innovative and has experience building market relevant sales and distribution models for new brands and/or product categories
- Has deep knowledge of Nigerian Bottom of the Pyramid behaviors and needs
- Has a strong record of meeting revenue targets and experience growing new business lines
- Is entrepreneurial and excited about the opportunity to creatively build effective, non-traditional sales channels in a nascent product category
- Is fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Is passionate about his/her work and driven by Greenlight’s social mission of bringing innovative, renewable energy and life-enhancing products to African markets
- Is comfortable working independently and remotely in a lean environment
- Likes getting hands on to figure out how to grow a high-potential business
- Is a natural people-person, one that thrives off of building strong relationships both within the organization and externally
- Is willing to spend 40-50% of his/her time on the road interacting with partners, resellers and customers
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online