APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate – Procurement
- To organize and manage the records and database of the unit as well as provide necessary support to the Procurement Officer in all unit processes and activities
- Work closely with the Procurement Officer to register vendors
- Organize and manage vendor records and database
- Raise purchase orders, purchase requisitions and other procurement documents
- Inspect items supplied by vendors and raise Goods Received Note for all deliveries
- Assist the Procurement Officer in the conduct of market surveys
- Participate in the activities of the Procurement Committee
Qualification and Experience
- A first degree or HND in Purchasing & Supply, Pharmacy or any Social Sciences and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in procurement or purchasing & supply, preferably in an international NGO
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
- The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
- The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title – Location.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.