Me Cure Healthcare Limited, was established in 2009 and is headquartered in Nigeria with 7 healthcare diagnostic centers including an eye center which is a state of the art ophthalmic clinic used to diagnose, treat and perform vision related surgeries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ophthalmologist
- This is a revolutionary health care plan by Me Cure Healthcare Limited to promote and encourage wellness.
- MeCure offers a Whole Body Screening to cover heart, brain, kidney, liver, pancreas, bones, arteries, thyroid, prostate, blood iron, serum, sugar, cholesterol, WBC and more.
- Provides basic optometric examinations including papillary reflexes
- Keratometry, evaluation of muscle balance, stereopsis, phorias, vergences
- Slit lamp examination, visual acuity, lensometry and indirect ophthalmoscopy.
- Provides well, eye examinations for new and established patients as well as follow-up exam for established medical patients.
Communication and Patient Care:
- Acquaint all new patients with the office procedures to which they will be exposed. Inform patients of the purpose of all tests personally performed and how they will be affected during the tests.
- Determines, using a full field of optometric instruments and equipment, such things as patients’ visual acuity; amplitude of accommodation, refractive state at far and near point; and accommodation, convergence and biocular coordination at far and near point. Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, Visual hygiene, lighting arrangement and safety factors.
- Obtain patient history to include chief complaint, history of present illness, past history (ocular and general), family history (ocular and general) and history of allergies and medications.
- Perform fundus photography examination.
- Perform OCTs.
- Utilizes ophthalmometry for high astigmatism diagnosis.
- Employs low vision aids such as telescopic and microscopic lenses for the correction of sub-normal vision.
- Calculates proper prescription employing formulas ranging from those necessary to calculate simple, single corrective lenses, through those necessary to calculate contact lenses, iseikonic and aphakic lenses.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Doctor of Optometry (OD).
- Knowledge of optometry equipment
- Examination of the eyes and other parts of the visual system.
- Diagnose treatment and management of visual problems.
Required Licensure, Certification:
- Must possess a current license.
- Professional experience of at least one (1) year.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com