Workforce Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Manager (Oil and Gas)
- The Head of Laboratory is responsible for the management of all laboratory operations to support quality control and ensure supplies received and distributed are of the right specification.
- Candidate must comply with statutory requirement and ensure the use of standard test procedures for accuracy.
- Manage all activities of the laboratory
- Develop and implement quality assessment plan
- Conversant with handling, testing, storage and distribution of various petroleum fuel
- Ensure all statutory test analysis are carried out within the stipulated time frames.
- Drive reduction in turnaround time without compromising test quality
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of all laboratory testing and analysis
- Initiate, supervise and manage Quality Control and Assurance processes across the company facilities for Fuels and Aviation Terminals
- Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Ensure that all products received meet local and international specifications; undertake quality checks and prepare release and other appropriate documentation and reports
- Liaise with third party inspectors and regulatory authorities on product re-certification
- Provide laboratory testing support for use in the resolution of customer complains and in providing after sales support customer
- Monitor proposed related legislations and regulations and provide advice on implication to business operations and objectives.
- Create and strengthen awareness of quality issues across all departments
- Lead and manage the laboratory team and its activities
- Facilitate team development; manage performance
- Perform other duties assigned
- Liaise and co-operate with quality management and standard bodies (e.g. SON, DPR, FMEnv and other Government agencies etc)
- Liaise with regulatory bodies of the industry in review, amendments etc of Nigeria Industrial Standards on products and services including but not limited to fuels
- Monitor and ensure compliance with safe work practices and standards.
- Ensures all laboratory personnel adhere strictly to company’s HSE policy
- Manage effluent waste handling, testing and evacuation where necessary
- Must be Lagos Resident or willing to relocate to Lagos
- Minimum of 5 years working petroleum testing, laboratory experience in an Oil and Gas company
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques; test and sampling procedures; handling and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of various petroleum products and their characteristics; ability to interpret results of petroleum analysis
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Laboratory Safety Practices
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team work
- Analytical, critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Managerial skills
- Relationship Management
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] with “Laboratory Manager” as the subject of the E-mail.