Job Title: Stabilization Care Nurse.
Job Location: Borno, Nigeria.
Apply Before: 28th July, 2017.
The Company: Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
- To provide support for SC admitted children with SAM and medical complications or oedema.
- Maintain accurate patient and SCI records and provide input into SCI reports.
- Participate in the smooth functioning of the SC supported by SCI and participate in the capacity building on the government health workers.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide support to the Doctor during the Triage stage, facilitate the screening of children <5yrs of age in collaboration with government health workers at the SC.
- Strictly follow the order prescribed by the SC doctor
- Registration of the child on the SC registration book
- Follow administration of therapeutic milk and drugs according to the protocol and support in-patient feeding
- Ensure proper documentation of medical stocks and materials used at the SC
- Close working relationship with the ministry of health staffs and contribute to their capacity building through trainings and on job coaching.
- Facilitate IYCF corner service to mothers with children less than 2 years of age and as needed.
- Maintain proper record of the malnourish patients as per MoH protocols/ tools.
- Work closely with Save the Children Nutrition team working in OTP, MOH staff in transfer of child to OTP
- Work closely with the SC team to see availability ,quality, and schedule of caretakers food during their stay in the SC
- May work in OTP if assigned by SCI
- Closely working with SCI community mobilization officer and community outreach workers to make sure there are effective referral systems between OTP and stabilization centres.
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Trained Nurse, qualified from recognized Institution
- Nurse, with technical competence in dealing with SAM children with medical complications
- Strong written and spoken English. Ability to speak in Hausa and Local languages is an added advantage (eg Shuwa, Kanuri).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online