Job Title: Secondary School Subject Teacher.
Job Location: Lagos.
Apply Before: 21st July, 2017.
The Company: MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting – Our client is a startup Christian value based educational institution, situated in Lagos State.
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of all students.
- Implement a coherent, research-based curriculum.
- Document all syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, rubrics, and other instructional materials and methods.
- Use consistent school-wide practices and individualized methods to engage students in the classroom.
- Create, monitor, and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Provide structure in the classroom by developing and reinforcing school-wide rules and expectations.
- Ensure smooth operation of all classroom instructional functions without excuses or exceptions.
- Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice.
- Evaluate academic achievement through detailed data analysis of student performance.
Student Support and School Culture:
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Develop and maintain positive, strong classroom culture.
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- Results-driven educator with experience in, and commitment to, standards-based curriculum and the use of data and assessments to drive instructional decisions.
- Spoken and written English must be of a high standard.
- Experience as a teacher in a Nigerian and British National Curriculum School (Minimum of 3 years’ experience)
- Willingness to participate in Co-Curricular activities.
- Experience and knowledge of the IGCSE and British-style curricula would be an added advantage
- Outstanding classroom teacher who has demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains.
- Manager of an urban classroom who has used discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations to achieve measurable academic and civic success.
- Desire to be held accountable for student academic growth and academic results.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers.
- Technological proficiency with a basic understanding of data analysis.
- Professional demeanor, strong work-ethic, detail-driven work style with excellent organizational skills.
- Ambitious nature interested in growing as an educator and reaching high standards professionally.
- Committed to getting the job done well, no matter what the obstacles or how long it takes.
- Unwavering commitment to the mission and core values of the school
- Must be able to use ICT to enhance teaching
- Candidates must live around Ikotun/Igando/Egbeda axis
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Interested candidates MUST state the subject they are interested in teaching in their application.