Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Business Analyst Intern + Project Assistant.
Job Location: Lagos
Apply Before: 20th July, 2017.
The Company: Bincom is a fast growing ICT solutions and consulting firm focused on the best use of technology (old,new, emerging, and future) to solve client issues. We are focused on a global market but are headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.
- We are looking for Information Technology (IT) Business Analyst Intern + Project Assistant to work with our software development team.
- This is a short term internship ( 6 months – 1 year contract) position. Suitable for industrial attachment (minimum 6 months), NYSC , Fresh Graduates and Trainees.
About the Role
- To support the Project Manager and Project officers in the delivery of several distinct projects which require an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team.
- The Project Assistant will be required to work with a variety of stakeholders within and outside the organisation
- The ideal candidate will need to assist to deliver effective, highly competent project support and consistently deliver in a person-centred environment which promotes positive relationships.
- Responsible for assisting the PM with the development of properly formatted specifications/work items and estimates containing all required technical information and project delivery information.
- Will assist the project managers in their key role of working as a liaison among Internal and External stakeholders including clients in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions.
The ideal candidate will assist in all or some of the of the following:
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Handle requests for information and data
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Minute taking
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Contribute to the work of the organisation as appropriate.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Tech Savvy with a Passion for IT
- Past experience in IT Business Analysis and/or IT Project management is required (Informal / Pre-Graduation but VERIFIABLE experience will suffice)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Documentation and Administrative Skills
- Ability to learn new skills fast
Experience, Skills & Personal Competencies:
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Packages (or similar) – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Publisher, Databases, etc
- Working in an office environment
- Working with clients and the public (face to face or telephone)
- Working in a high pressure team
- Report writing Skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and adjust to the needs
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Accuracy / attention to detail
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Applicants must have a passion for IT
- A can do attitude
- Innovative & creative
- Have good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Able to use own initiative
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
As part of your cover letter, you must answer the following question:
- Imagine that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is in the process of transiting from a paper based voting system to an electronic voting system; Expatiate on ALL the software, hardware and technology solutions YOU think would be required to achieve this objective.