Job Title: PR Account Manager.
Job Location: Lagos.
Apply Before: not Specified.
The Company: Irvine Partners is a Public Relations & Integrated Marketing Agency based in South Africa. Our branding and communication strategies are designed uniquely per client, created with their specific objectives in mind. Our clients’ goals become our goals.
- We are looking for a quick-witted, hardworking and capable PR Account Manager in Lagos, Nigeria.
Scope of Work
- Implementation of communications strategy/activation plans/contractual undertakings as directed by Managing Director or CEO.
- Writing, editing and/or subbing extensive documentation including, but not limited to, press releases, opinion pieces, strategic proposals and tactical roll-outs.
- The ability to write to a standard indicated by the Managing Director or CEO.
- Overseeing client activities, including attending weekly or bi-weekly status meetings as directed by the Managing Director or CEO or directly by client.
- Day-to day running of accounts.
- Follow correct approval channels as agreed by client.
- Continually growing and cultivating a solid media contact base.
- Media relations related to the client as directed by the Managing Director or CEO or directed by client but with Managing Director’s approval.
- Daily evaluation of publicity achieved for clients.
- Continual understanding of the evolving African media landscape.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with clients.
- Identify alternative media channels on a regular basis.
- Manage and exceed client expectations.
- Complete the agreed hours of client work per week.
- Fulfill all aspects of the agreed scope of work for the client timeously and to a standard approved by the Managing Director or CEO.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and follow through.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communications skill.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- At all times be a corporate ambassador for Irvine Partners in terms of general appearance and conduct.
- You’ll need extensive writing and editing experience and should be able to run with tactical plans as well as – if not better – than strategic plans.
- You need to be a pitch demon, truly an outstanding writer, an excellent time manager and understand that public relations is all about service.
- Minimum five years’ agency experience required, preferably on consumer, hospitality or technology brands.
- This is a hit the ground running position. You must know the business of PR inside out and will be required to back up your CV claims with writing and pitch tests, as well as a demonstration of sound knowledge of the African media landscape.
- Implementation of communications strategy/activation plans
- Editing and subbing skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Overseeing client activities
- Day-to day running of accounts
- Continually growing and cultivating a solid media contact base
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and follow through
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communications skill
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ensure all activity is delivered to deadline
- Ensure deliverables are of required and exceeded standard
- Demonstrate good time management and teamwork
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Have the ability to multitask
- The ability to manage stress
- Be detail-orientated
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter (detailing why you are the person we are looking for) to: [email protected]