Job Title: Finance Manager.
Fixed term until 31 December 2017.
Apply Before: 16th July, 2017.
The Company: Mines Advisory Group (MAG) has been working in Nigeria since 2015. MAG’s work in Nigeria has mainly focused on arms management and destruction activities, aimed at reducing the risk of unplanned explosions and the impact of weapons and munitions being diverted to the illicit arms trade. MAG has also recently started in a new project in Maiduguri, North East Nigeria, delivering emergency mine risk education and non-technical survey to local populations in IDP camps/settlements in newly accessible areas.
About the Role
- Reporting to the Country Director, the Finance Manager will provide strategic and operational financial leadership to MAG in Nigeria, including control of expenditure, budgeting, cash flow management, financial reporting and identification of financial liabilities.
- As well as developing the financial strategy, you will also be responsible for day to day financial management in the programme, including managing cashbooks, payroll and statutory payments.
- The role will be based in Abuja but will travel to other locations within the programme as required.
- You will need to be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.), or qualified by experience in a similar role, preferably within an international context within the African continent.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to report in a timely and accurate manner, as well as the ability to work independently and build excellent working relationships with project stakeholders.
- You must have a fluent professional working knowledge of English.
Subject to funding:
- The total salary package for this position is £40,884 – £44,472 per annum* including basic salary, hardship allowance, programme management and cost of living allowance.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and advert will be taken down once a suitable candidate is identified.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.